Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

APPROVED! J-1 to PR! Thank you all !

APPROVED! J-1 to PR! Thank you all !

Old Jun 29th 2002, 3:20 am
Joan

Default APPROVED! J-1 to PR! Thank you all !

Hi, folks, Thank you all for your helpful posts on the mechanism of applying for the
GK based on marriage. This was San Antonio ofice, they asked for everything starting
from my passport and ending up with recent photographs. She questioned quite a lot
and quite fast. She even seriously questioned the little ethnic hat from my country
which my husband wore for the wedding, but she described my big "hat" and the dress
as beautiful. Ya, it was beautiful indeed. And then she even went to consult with
her supervisor about my J-1 waiver. But first she had to find him. It lasted about an
hour or half an hour? And they were 1 hour late on interviewing couples too. But it
is over now. She stamped my blue passport with the APPROVED stamp. And finally (thank
you!) I got rid of the I-94 form in my passport, which was always going to fall out
of the passport. She said we came fully prepared and we have to prepare the same way
for the removal of conditions interview. Also she did not want to spend 5 cents on
xeroxing our original docs, which pissed off my husband. I just got really lazy and
did not xerox certain things which did not have much value to them). So we gave her
some originals, which we really can obtain again. Generally, INS adjudication
officers work like a busy "paper file & stamp robots". I think we have to automate
that interview process somehow. Or just let people marry and life here without going
to those timelines and paper files, and the waste of time. She also said that the INS
imm service would stay in the Justice dept and the border patrol only is going to
move to homeland security. My husband is very proud of me, since I went through all
paper trouble by myself, including getting a waiver first. I am incredibly tired of
all that including driving. Best wishes to you all.

Old Jul 1st 2002, 12:20 pm
Andy Platt

Default Re: APPROVED! J-1 to PR! Thank you all !

"Joan" <[email protected]> wrote:

> were 1 hour late on interviewing couples too. But it is over now. She stamped my
    > blue passport with the APPROVED stamp. And finally (thank you!) I got rid of the
    > I-94 form in my passport, which was always

Congrats.

> interview. Also she did not want to spend 5 cents on xeroxing our original docs,
    > which pissed off my husband. I just got really lazy and

My interview letter from Arllington made a big point that they would not make any
copies at the interview.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

Old Jul 3rd 2002, 1:20 am
Joan

Default Re: APPROVED! J-1 to PR! Thank you all !

Thanks, Andy!

"Andy Platt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Joan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > were 1 hour late on interviewing couples too. But it is over now. She stamped my
    > > blue passport with the APPROVED stamp. And finally (thank you!) I got rid of the
    > > I-94 form in my passport, which was always
    >
    > Congrats.
    >
    > > interview. Also she did not want to spend 5 cents on xeroxing our original docs,
    > > which pissed off my husband. I just got really lazy and
    >
    > My interview letter from Arllington made a big point that they would not make any
    > copies at the interview.
    >
    > Andy.