Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Appointment Letter From US Consulate Help!

Appointment Letter From US Consulate Help!

Old Jul 7th 2001, 4:09 am
Guillermo Haro

I am currently visiting with my fiancee in the USA. We sent our papers in to the
Immigration filing for the k-1 fiancee visa. What I am wondering is if anyone who
got a letter telling them the time and place of their interview with the US
consulate in Canada can tell me approximately how long do you have from the time you
get the letter to when you have your interview?? Do you have a month or more to
prepare for the interview after you get your letter or do they schedule the
interview for a week or two after you get the letter?? We would appreciate any and
all help ) Thanks so much!!

Wondering Nova Scotian in Texas

Old Jul 7th 2001, 4:24 am
Richelle Thalgott

My interview is scheduled for over a month from when I got the letter. However, I
asked for an interview date that far in advance. There is a space on the checklist
that asks you if you have a preferred date for your interview. I imagine that if you
put ASAP, you would get it fairly soon. I noticed a couple on the timeframe webpage
that they filed after we did and they have their interview set for the middle of
July. It probably just depends on the consulate(I'm using Vancouver).

Tonya

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >