Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Applying for new ESTA but will not accept NEXUS no.

Applying for new ESTA but will not accept NEXUS no.

Old Aug 24th 2018, 10:22 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Applying for new ESTA but will not accept NEXUS no.

Im trying to apply for my new ESTA - I am British Citizen living in Canada with PR status.

This time I clicked yes to 'Are you a member of the CBP Global Entry Program?' as I assumed having NEXUS membership meant I was but I could be wrong...and entered my PASSID number on the back of my Nexus card.

When I attempted to click to continue to the next page of the application the error came up stating: 'PASSID / Membership Number was not found for the Family Name and Date of Birth entered. Please log into your TTP account to retrieve the number.' I have checked, re-checked and double checked the number by logging into my TTP account and it is correct.

Any ideas why this might be happening please?
Old Aug 24th 2018, 10:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for new ESTA but will not accept NEXUS no.

If you have NEXUS you don’t need ESTA...that’s your fast track ticket into the US.
Old Aug 24th 2018, 11:53 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If you have NEXUS you don’t need ESTA...that’s your fast track ticket into the US.
Really? Even though I hold a British passport?
Old Aug 25th 2018, 4:17 am
Bex in the city

Just got a reply from CBP:

‘Thank you for contacting the Traveler Communications Center. You will not be able to enter your NEXUS membership number to the Global Entry membership field. Please modify your answer and continue with your application. Regards,
Traveler Communications Center’

So im guessing I click ‘No’ to that question and move on.

Just in case anyone else comes up against the same issue