Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Applying for 3 child passports at same time

Applying for 3 child passports at same time

Old Feb 1st 2013, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Andrew79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for 3 child passports at same time

Has anyone else applied for more than one passport at the same time?

I need 3 child passports which need the same documents as evidence.

I was going to send the applications all together in the same package to the regional centre in Washington DC (I'm in Mexico) with a cover letter.

Would there be any problem with this?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 11:00 pm
Up Your Kilt

Hawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond reputeHawk13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for 3 child passports at same time

Originally Posted by Andrew79

I was going to send the applications all together in the same package to the regional centre in Washington DC (I'm in Mexico) with a cover letter.

Simple answers in order:

Yes

No

I did what plan on doing and had no problems when I sent in both my kids at the same time (and I didn't use a cover letter - send it anyways)
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

texas_girl is an unknown quantity at this point

I just mailed our applications for our two children. I put them in the same packet, included one set of documents, and a cover letter explaining the documents were to be used for both applications.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Nicola1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for both kids at the same time. I submitted a cover letter, and each child's application plus their particular information paper clipped together (x2) and one other bundle of our information to be used for both children.

The eldest child was processed and returned pretty quickly, but the youngest child was subject to providing "further evidence of his existence" - I think it was just a random spot check as once we'd submitted a note from the hospital they sent his passport.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Great, thank you everyone. I've just got all the documents ready, just waiting until Sunday when I can get someone to countersign the pictures and I'll be sending it all away on Monday
Old Feb 8th 2013, 1:56 am
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Great, thank you everyone. I've just got all the documents ready, just waiting until Sunday when I can get someone to countersign the pictures and I'll be sending it all away on Monday
I actually asked my immigration consultant the same thing, as I need to send two out for our kids and she said to include an individual application for both kids and one set of evidence as required.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks to all for the advice. I sent all 3 applications in one package, along with the necessary documents.

I sent:
1x my birth certificate - certified copy;
1x each kids birth certificate - 2 British ones & 1 Mexican one, translated to English;
2x photo's of each kid, countersigned on 1.

I received the passports in just 2 weeks from the UK via DHL. Valid for 5 years!

Just waiting for the documents to arrive from the US.

Old Apr 24th 2013, 12:38 am
Firetrak

ldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond reputeldollard has a reputation beyond repute

Hey how did this go?