AP - Washington DC

Old Jan 17th 2006, 3:49 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute
Default AP - Washington DC

I would be grateful for advise on this

I am going through AOS after marrying while in the US on a VWP.

My mother has had a reoccurence of Cancer and as I dont have automatic reentry to the US if I need to go to the UK urgently. Can anyone advise how easy AP is to get from the Washington DC office. If possible what evidence they will want. I am especially concerned for my mother as this is a reappearance of the cancer and it looks as though this could be inoperable/untreatable with chemo and radiotherapy this time.

Thanks I appreciate any help with this
Old Jan 17th 2006, 3:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AP - Washington DC

Originally Posted by Kate2112

My mother has had a reoccurence of Cancer and as I dont have automatic reentry to the US if I need to go to the UK urgently. Can anyone advise how easy AP is to get from the Washington DC office. If possible what evidence they will want. I am especially concerned for my mother as this is a reappearance of the cancer and it looks as though this could be inoperable/untreatable with chemo and radiotherapy this time.

Hi Kate,

Sorry to hear the sad news.

It's becoming increasingly difficult to get emergency APs. You can try making an Infopass appointment at www.uscis.gov to go in person and ask, but be prepared for them to tell you to apply through the Chicago lockbox as others normally do. Filing through the Chicago lockbox takes about 2 or 3 months to receive the AP.

If you go in person via Infopass, bring plenty of proof of why this is an emergency...information from your mother's doctor, hospital, prognosis, etc.

Let us know what you find out.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jan 17th 2006, 4:15 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear your news. I hope things get better.

You might find some useful information here.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/Emergency/index.htm
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:44 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you both so much for your advise and good wishes. Incredibly an
I-797c arrived in the mail today giving notice of I-485 initial interview! It couldn't have come at a better time!

I am still going ahead with getting my mothers GP to write a letter detailing the seriousness of her condition, just in case the very worst should happen. Thank you for that.

From what the notice says this appears to be the interview that may grant a temp green card, Am I correct in thinking this? If so will they stamp my passport to allow me to travel?

Believe me I am not complaining or whingeing about it being so fast, but submitting our I-130 and I-485 last July and getting this interview in Mar 06 seems really efficient.
Old Jan 19th 2006, 10:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

From what the notice says this appears to be the interview that may grant a temp green card, Am I correct in thinking this? If so will they stamp my passport to allow me to travel?
Hi Kate,

Not exactly "temp" green card...perhaps "conditional" green card if you've been married less than 2 years.

You can ask the Officer to stamp your passport so you can travel.

Best Wishes,
Rene