AOS Interview

Old Nov 4th 2009, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

muni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to all
Default AOS Interview

Had my AOS interview this morning and thought i would post a quick run down to help anyone else who has there's coming up.
I was a nervous wreck and soooooo stressed(dont be try to be cool and calm) because its the biggest anti climax ever.
My interview was for 11am and thankfully my husband as always was as laid back as ever.
They kept us waiting for about 15mins which is not bad at all, then we where called through, we where greeted by a quite stern looking young woman but it turned out that she was quite nice.
I took far more evidence than was needed, but i prefer to be over prepared than under.
We took the oath saying that we where telling the truth etc,etc, and then she asked us our full names,our parents full names,if either of us has kids,
how many times we had been married previously.
She then asked how we met,what attracted us to each other,where we got married,and how many people had attended the wedding.
She looked through the wedding album and asked for pictures, i had copies so she took those, and she asked to see our wedding rings.
She asked for our lease agreement,utilities bills,my ead card, and basically that was it.The whole interview lasted lasted less than 15 mins,she said she would review our information and if we where succesful i would recieve my green card within 30 days.
We feel that everything went well and now i am going to have the biggest glass of wine ever, infact might have 3 or 4!
Thanks expats for your help the advice on this forum is just spot on
Muni
Old Nov 4th 2009, 2:20 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Interview

Congratulations!

Rene
Old Nov 4th 2009, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats
Old Nov 4th 2009, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

muni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to allmuni is a name known to all

Thank you
Old Nov 4th 2009, 4:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, muni! Welcome to America.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 4:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

WTG ... congratulations.

Just for the interest of myself and others, at the interview were you asked to return your Advance Parole and EAD?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone
I actually never applied for advanced parole, but they never asked for me to return my ead.
They really didnt ask for much at all, i was quite surprised(dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing!!!!) maybe the sight of me carrying 4 files and a stack of photo albums into the interview did the trick!
Muni
Old Nov 4th 2009, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't tell you if it's a good or bad thing, but my AOS interview back in 2005 was a breeze as well lasted maybe 3-5 min. Officer only asked for driver license both ssn flip all thru the pages, asked the question have you ever been arrested, terrorists group etc...and we were out the door ,that was in 2005 November, GC came in the mail in Feb.2006 (3 months after the interview).
Best wishes Milan
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

i just checked on my status on line and it says Green Card in production WAHHHHHHHEYYYY, that was fast i am sooooooooooooooo bloody happy
Muni
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Awesome!!
Old Nov 5th 2009, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations - hoping all my skittles fall as easily lol!!
Old Nov 6th 2009, 1:28 am
Just Joined

MoBrando is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on getting everything out of the way. My wife's interview should be coming soon, but we still haven't heard back from the embassy with the date? Would you mind telling when they received your ds230 and 2001? The checklist? Just getting a little anxious. Good job on getting through it though. It sure is a stressful process.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

The whole process for us was quite quick i expected a long,long wait,
we started the k1 process last September.
All our relevent paper work was sent off in January 09 and they recieved it, cant remember exact date about 4 weeks later, my interview at the London Embassy was April 21st.
The AOS paper work was sent a week after our wedding which was July 11th and i basically had just over a 3month wait for the next interview here in the USA.
Hope everything goes well for you
Muni
Old Nov 6th 2009, 3:57 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MoBrando
Congratulations on getting everything out of the way. My wife's interview should be coming soon, but we still haven't heard back from the embassy with the date? Would you mind telling when they received your ds230 and 2001? The checklist? Just getting a little anxious. Good job on getting through it though. It sure is a stressful process.
muni's post is for a different interview.. the adjustment of status to permanent residency, not the visa interview you are waiting for.
Why don't you start your own thread? Although, have a browse through the first couple of pages of the forum topics, as your concern has been discussed a lot recently.
I just collected several of the threads here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=12