Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone rescheduled N400 interview and oath?

Anyone rescheduled N400 interview and oath?

Old Sep 16th 2006, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

northspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nice
Default Anyone rescheduled N400 interview and oath?

I would like to go visit my children in the UK for a couple of weeks in November and would like to book a flight as they are a good price right now but I am worried that it may clash with my N-400 interview.
I applied on May 3rd and was fingerprinted on 7th June but haven't heard anything yet. My tickets will be non-refundable.
I dont want to have to re-shcedule my interview and for it be many more months down the line.
I would like to know if anyone had rescheduled and how long it was before they got another interview date........ before I book my ticket
Thanks in advance.

ps i checked the texas service center processing times but the N-400 wasn't listed (unless i did something wrong)
Old Sep 16th 2006, 10:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone rescheduled N400 interview and oath?

Originally Posted by northspoon
I am worried that it may clash with my N-400 interview.
There is no way to be absolutely sure when your interview will be.

I dont want to have to re-shcedule my interview and for it be many more months down the line.
Your interview might be rescheduled *if* USCIS actually gets your notice, and *if* they accept your reason for not showing up, and *if* they are inclined to reschedule. While the tickets may be reasonably priced just now, I would not reschedule your interview unless it was some sort of life/death situation that required you to be absent.

i checked the texas service center processing times but the N-400 wasn't listed
I believe the N-400 is processed at the district office, not the service center.

Ian
Old Sep 17th 2006, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

northspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nicenorthspoon is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone rescheduled N400 interview and oath?

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
There is no way to be absolutely sure when your interview will be.

Your interview might be rescheduled *if* USCIS actually gets your notice, and *if* they accept your reason for not showing up, and *if* they are inclined to reschedule. While the tickets may be reasonably priced just now, I would not reschedule your interview unless it was some sort of life/death situation that required you to be absent.

I believe the N-400 is processed at the district office, not the service center.

Ian
Hmmmmmm
I have already booked my ticket!!!
For me, seeing my children right now is more important!!!
I will have to take my chances I suppose but I really do appreciate your insight/reply.
Maybe I will "luck out" but if i do then I will have some experiences to share with everyone on this forum.
I cant wait to go to the UK YIPPEE!!!!!!!
Old Dec 29th 2006, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: Anyone rescheduled N400 interview and oath?

Well I got my interview letter dated for 4th December 2006 and typically the return date for the trip I had booked was December 6th 2006. I decided I couldnt risk rescheduling my interview so I paid $400 to re-book my flights for the week before. That also made the car hire price jump up another $200 for those dates, so all in all I had to pay another $600 to attend my interview. That really made my Christmas tough but I have had my interview and all went well, so I'm glad it's behind me now. Just waiting for my Oath ceremony. Anyone else waiting for their's in Nashville?