Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone recently had a GC interview?

Anyone recently had a GC interview?

Old Oct 28th 2020, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Britinva is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone recently had a GC interview?

Hi all,

Hoping for to hear from people in a similar situation. My GC interview was scheduled for April 2020 obviously with Covid that didn’t happen. Since then we have received no word on when it maybe rescheduled. Funny thing is though my British born son who is 8 received his social security number in the post at the end of April. I have been hearing that some people are receiving their GC without an interview. I am on a L1A visa. Anyone in a similar situation, received their interview or even their GC through Covid?
Old Oct 28th 2020, 8:41 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone recently had a GC interview?

Originally Posted by Britinva
Hi all,

Hoping for to hear from people in a similar situation. My GC interview was scheduled for April 2020 obviously with Covid that didn’t happen. Since then we have received no word on when it maybe rescheduled. Funny thing is though my British born son who is 8 received his social security number in the post at the end of April. I have been hearing that some people are receiving their GC without an interview. I am on a L1A visa. Anyone in a similar situation, received their interview or even their GC through Covid?
Sorry I can’t help with recent feedback. I was on an L1a back in 2010 and was approved for. GC in 2011. Not sure if it was the norm back then but I did not have an interview. I assume your already have your EAD and AP and have done biometrics and medical already? And the interview is meant to be the last stage?

I would check out: https://www.trackitt.com/ your are more likely to find more data points there. Many on here have been in the US a long time and quite a few came via other pathways like marriage and have less recent or direct experience related to your question. There have been a few recent posters so maybe trawl through and find their threads and post there.

Last edited by tht; Oct 28th 2020 at 8:45 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

It is possible that due to Covid-19 they waived the interview requirement for L1A. It is not atypical for L1A applicants for the interviews to be waived as long as biometrics and medical are in order.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 12:26 pm
I don't (often) bite

hmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond reputehmvsdog has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. I had my original green card interview (was also on L-1A) in April this year that was cancelled because of the pandemic. This was for the Royal Palm Beach office in South Florida. It was rescheduled for early October and when we went in for it, the place was pretty much deserted aside from a few officers and even less “customers”. Our interview was conducted with mandatory hand sanitization, masks and plexiglass and a note from USCIS to “bring my own pen” such is the safety guidelines now. Anecdotally, I have been told that some offices are doing video conference interviews from same building, but different room. Can’t confirm that though. Our I-485 approval notices received 2 days after interview and actual GC’s received after a week.

They were waiving the interview requirement for some cases, but I’m told by my attorney that this is still rare.

Hang in there. They’re processing less cases than usual right now with the safety features in place, but they will get to you.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

I received my GC two months ago after having done the Biometrics in Jan/Feb. I was never scheduled an interview, just went straight to approval and received the Cards in the post. Out of the Atlanta office. I also got told it was highly likely my fingerprints would be rejected, but a few weeks after the visit I received a notification that they'd used some others on record. I think the Atlanta office must have gone down the least effort path!

edit: For info, it was an L1A to EB1C.