Anyone experienced EB-5 problems?

Old Oct 4th 2009, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

StaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to all
Default Anyone experienced EB-5 problems?

Hi Everyone

I'll come straight to the point.

Has anyone applying for the EB-5 visa experienced any problems (serious or trivial)?

This is my preferred route to the US in the future. I have no family (only child and my mother died in 2008) so I am free to leave the UK and never look back. I would love to establish a family in the US and see my children born and raised as US citizens as (personally) I believe they will have greater opportunities than here in the UK.

I'm not concerned with making a return on my investment. I would rather create jobs in the country I one day hope to call "home".

I have a diamond jewellery business which will be the source of my funding for the EB-5 and I'm not looking to emigrate straight away, probably 2-3 years.

Many thanks. *kiss*
Old Oct 4th 2009, 1:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone experienced EB-5 problems?

Originally Posted by StaryandStripey
Hi Everyone

I'll come straight to the point.

Has anyone applying for the EB-5 visa experienced any problems (serious or trivial)?

This is my preferred route to the US in the future. I have no family (only child and my mother died in 2008) so I am free to leave the UK and never look back. I would love to establish a family in the US and see my children born and raised as US citizens as (personally) I believe they will have greater opportunities than here in the UK.

I'm not concerned with making a return on my investment. I would rather create jobs in the country I one day hope to call "home".

I have a diamond jewellery business which will be the source of my funding for the EB-5 and I'm not looking to emigrate straight away, probably 2-3 years.

Many thanks. *kiss*
Come back and visit the subject with a year to go ...
everything is bound to change in the next few years with the Gov planning a whole new look at immigration
Old Oct 4th 2009, 5:21 pm
Account Closed

goldenstate31 is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the new look at immigration ray?
Old Oct 4th 2009, 5:26 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
What is the new look at immigration ray?
the whole system is overdue for reform they say.... and the current POTUS says its going to happen

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/09/us...s/09immig.html
Old Oct 4th 2009, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

StaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to allStaryandStripey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ray
Come back and visit the subject with a year to go ...
everything is bound to change in the next few years with the Gov planning a whole new look at immigration
I'm guessing the EB-5 visa will largely stay unchanged and possibly return to a minimum investment of $500000 as this would stimulate more investor interest and more direct and indirect job creation for USC's.

Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 6:33 pm
Ray

I'm guessing the EB-5 visa will largely stay unchanged and possibly return to a minimum investment of $500000 as this would stimulate more investor interest and more direct and indirect job creation for USC's.

Fingers crossed.
There has been the regional $500K version for some years now .. and it currently being renewed on a monthly basis

Take up overall is quite small
Old Oct 4th 2009, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
There has been the regional $500K version for some years now .. and it currently being renewed on a monthly basis

Take up overall is quite small
Really?......I thought the $500000 pilot scheme ended on September 30th?

Anyway, I shall keep checking relevant outlets for updates.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 6:39 pm
Ray

Really?......I thought the $500000 pilot scheme ended on September 30th?

Anyway, I shall keep checking relevant outlets for updates.
Renewed now to the 31st Oct
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not concerned with making a return on my investment.
But have you really got the "onions" to possibly lose 50% of your investment?
Old Oct 5th 2009, 7:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cranston
But have you really got the "onions" to possibly lose 50% of your investment?
I've been told that it is better to go for a Regional Center that can guarantee job creation rather than make a return as the main condition of the EB-5 is direct and indirect employment for USC's.

Yes, it's money I can afford to lose as for me the gains outweigh the risks.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

I've been told that it is better to go for a Regional Center that can guarantee job creation
Understood but no RC can "guarantee" job creation.

However, I think some schemes are more likely to succeed then others