Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone else still waiting after aos interview?

Anyone else still waiting after aos interview?

Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:35 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone else still waiting after aos interview?

Hi Nobby ..No.. I didnt miss the point...I was answering a specific question addressed to me by Fiona, as you will see above your posting... I have a friend in Tampa with a similar problem and have been following posting about this subject ...
Have you made an online interview date to go in and speak to them about this, if so what was their response ...Did you or they suggest resending the request...

Last edited by ray6; Jan 11th 2004 at 4:13 am.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:36 am
Reargunner666

ray6 <member9793@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Originally posted by Eli
    >
    > > Hi, Fiona!
    >
    > >
    >
    > > How are things going? I sent the letter back to the INS. Have not
    >
    > > received another fingerprint appointment just yet. Our 2 year
    >
    > > anniversary is Feb 12th. I am wondering if things dont happen until
    >
    > > after then, will we get a 10 yr green card? Or, because our actual
    >
    > > interview (which was well over a year now) was before the 2 year, will
    >
    > > it be a 2 year?
    >
    > >
    >
    > > The stress is driving me crazy!
    >
    > Hi Eli..Your date should be the date of approval...they could not
    > approve you on the date of interview as your security clearance was not
    > completed ...therefore when you FINALLY get approval and you have been
    > married 2 years then ..you get the 10 yr GC

your name isn't fiona

Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Nobby
Its been more than 13 months since we attended our AOS interview.

Come April 25th this year will be our third wedding anniversary.

It makes us wonder how some can be married last year (2003) and already have their I551's.

Exactly what is going on with us that have been left in limbo???

It seems nobody has any answers.. and nobody cares. INS won't answer us so we just have to wait I guess.
Nobby,

To put a positive spin on this, you can look at this situation in the short term or the long term. From the short term perspective you have been waiting an excessive amount of time and you are right to be ticked off. But, as soon as you are approved, you are going to get your 10-year card without conditions. In that case, you are going to leap frog over those of us that have had their conditional status for a couple of years. I have been married over 3.5 years and still have my conditional status. So, you will probably have your 10-yr card before I get mine (even though I was married in 2000).

So, my point is it might look bad in the short term but in the long term you will probably come out ahead because you won't have to wait around for the removal of conditions.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

Nobby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ray6
Hi Nobby ..No.. I didnt miss the point...I was answering a specific question addressed to me by Fiona, as you will see above your posting... I have a friend in Tampa with a similar problem and have been following posting about this subject ...
Have you made an online interview date to go in and speak to them about this, if so what was their response ...Did you or they suggest resending the request...

another thread on the same subject
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...87#post1162987
Ray,

We can't make an online interview or online anything.

We filled locally in Las Vegas, as that is where we live. To find anything out we have to take the day of work.. stand in line for hours on end, and are then confronted with staff who neither care or can be bothered.

There is no phone number to contact and the NVC is useless to us.

So even after standing around for hours and not getting any answers is hard to swallow.

Any ideas Ray?
Old Jan 11th 2004, 4:07 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ray,
We can't make an online interview or online anything.
We filled locally in Las Vegas, as that is where we live. To find anything out we have to take the day of work.. stand in line for hours on end, and are then confronted with staff who neither care or can be bothered.
There is no phone number to contact and the NVC is useless to us. So even after standing around for hours and not getting any answers is hard to swallow.
Any ideas Ray?
Sorry Nobby..Its getting late for me... Its Fiona who is in Miami
They have a new system in Florida..where you can book an interview on-line...its not yet spread elsewhere yet..I would first suggest you contact the Immigration Liason with your Congessman or Senator...Then I would start writing to every newspaper and TV company ..would make a nice story especially with the currrent immigration debacle the President announced, and if they cant check somebody out in 13 months... a fingerprint at the airport aint really doing much at all..
Old Mar 30th 2004, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Robert_J is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it's now been 14 months since our interview (where everything went fine) and we still haven't heard anything yet.

Anybody else still waiting?
Old Mar 30th 2004, 4:37 pm
Ray

Originally posted by Robert_J
Well, it's now been 14 months since our interview (where everything went fine) and we still haven't heard anything yet.

Hi Robert..the friend that I referred to above got a letter out of the blue in Feb and has now got her GC...no explaination after a 9 month wait..no help for you! but it does get there in the end..
And she got a 10yr GC an the time of interview she had not been married 2 years.. so some good did come out of the wait..
Old Mar 30th 2004, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Robert_J

Hi Robert,

We are in the same boat. Had our interview on December 4th 2002. Recieved a letter from our 'then' attorney saying that USCIS regonised our marraige etc and we heard noting until early April 2003 when USCIS sent us a letter to attend AOS interview on 14th May 2003. Which I couldn't attend due to business commitments out of state (

Asked our attorney the reason why we had been called for another AOS interview and he promptly quit!!

Visited Las Vegas office next day and they said the reason was that my fingerprints had expired.. so of I went and got them redone.

Heard noting so faxed USCIS August 17th 2003 and recieved a responce saying all clearences were in and we should be hearing from them shortly.

Leap forward to March 2004. Found a phone number for the Las Vegas office where an actual person answered the phone.. but she said that she could not answer any questions on the phone and to call the NSC.. so I called them and they said they would make a query.

Recieved a reply a few days latter from Las Vegas stating that "You should recieve an appointment for interview sometime this year."

What kind of an aswer is that? We'd already had one interview 15 months prior, and if all clearances were in why have to attend another?

My wife called the same phone number as above and really complained to them about this, and low and behold the next week we recieved another interview letter for AOS appointment for 4/14/04.. BUT, the letter is dated 11/5/02 the same as the first one for our appointment in December 2002!

They ask for IRS transcripts with W2 for 2002 only, and copies of W2's for 2000, 2001, 2002.

Doesn't ask for 2003 tax or medical. The original medical was done in November 2002. According to the first appointment letter for the December 2002 appointment the medical is only valid for ONE year.

We are wondering if they are going to backdate this to look as though it was all done and dusted back in December 2002.

That won't be acceptable to us though, as our 3rd wedding anniversary is April 25th 2004, and why after all this time should they do that to us?

Can they backdate such things?

Any answers would be appreciated.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 5:50 pm
cute as a button

Poppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant futurePoppy33usa has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Eli
Approaching month 10 and still nothing after successful interview
holy crap!! we had our interview Feb 17th this year
(St Louis) and were told that it could take up to 3 months to get security clearance etc completed - I thought that was a long time til I read all your posts!!...from the looks of things it could be ALOT longer than 3 months...
Old Mar 30th 2004, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Robert_J is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobby, I offer my condolences as it appears you're having to go through the same process twice. Once is stressful enough.

You're case sounds similar to ours. Since the interview, we've been back to the office 3 times (we were naive enough to believe our interviewing officer when she told us we'd receive a letter within 120 days, and if we didn't receive it to come back to the office).

The first two times they said they were awaiting background checks and there was nothing they could do until they came back. The third time the said the background checks were completed (and OK) but my wife's temporary file was not together with her permanent file, and the interviewing officer should have sent out a request for the temporary file, but didn't, "Why didn't she?", "I don't know", and nothing can move forward until they receive the temporary file, which they are sending out a request for today, and they don't know how long this will take, stop bothering us.

PS, this is the Arlington office we're dealing with. Any other Arlington sufferers out there?

We know of two other couples who applied for AOS through the Baltimore office over a year after we applied and they both have GC in hand already. What's going on with Arlington? Perhaps we could, as a group, write to somebody with the power to do something about the problems with Arlington.

Hi Robert,

We are in the same boat. Had our interview on December 4th 2002. Recieved a letter from our 'then' attorney saying that USCIS regonised our marraige etc and we heard noting until early April 2003 when USCIS sent us a letter to attend AOS interview on 14th May 2003. Which I couldn't attend due to business commitments out of state (

Asked our attorney the reason why we had been called for another AOS interview and he promptly quit!!

Visited Las Vegas office next day and they said the reason was that my fingerprints had expired.. so of I went and got them redone.

Heard noting so faxed USCIS August 17th 2003 and recieved a responce saying all clearences were in and we should be hearing from them shortly.

Leap forward to March 2004. Found a phone number for the Las Vegas office where an actual person answered the phone.. but she said that she could not answer any questions on the phone and to call the NSC.. so I called them and they said they would make a query.

Recieved a reply a few days latter from Las Vegas stating that "You should recieve an appointment for interview sometime this year."

What kind of an aswer is that? We'd already had one interview 15 months prior, and if all clearances were in why have to attend another?

My wife called the same phone number as above and really complained to them about this, and low and behold the next week we recieved another interview letter for AOS appointment for 4/14/04.. BUT, the letter is dated 11/5/02 the same as the first one for our appointment in December 2002!

They ask for IRS transcripts with W2 for 2002 only, and copies of W2's for 2000, 2001, 2002.

Doesn't ask for 2003 tax or medical. The original medical was done in November 2002. According to the first appointment letter for the December 2002 appointment the medical is only valid for ONE year.

We are wondering if they are going to backdate this to look as though it was all done and dusted back in December 2002.

That won't be acceptable to us though, as our 3rd wedding anniversary is April 25th 2004, and why after all this time should they do that to us?

Can they backdate such things?

Any answers would be appreciated.

Last edited by Robert_J; Mar 30th 2004 at 9:30 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Cookie Munster is on a distinguished road

Exactly 36 days after successful Interview and waiting
Old Mar 30th 2004, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Cookie Munster
Exactly 36 days after successful Interview and waiting
I wouldn't count your chickens.. sure you know the rest as they say.. with regards a 'successful interview' just because that's what they told you.

We were told that about 450 days ago!
Old Mar 30th 2004, 9:27 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't you post about this recently? I seem to recall you saying there was more interaction between you and your attorney at this moment (other than you asking this one question). Really not a big deal to me personally, and you don't need to reply to this part of my post if you don't want to (as it makes no difference to me in the grand scheme of things).

Yes, this is a fairly common reason for a delay in adjudication.

BUT, the letter is dated 11/5/02 the same as the first one for our appointment in December 2002!
I wouldn't spend a minute worrying about the letter being dated 11/05/02. I've seen this before in a case as well, and it is likely just a preprinted letter they had in your file that was created way back then (or an officer just mistakenly wrote that date in when seeing the old appointment letter in your file, or the computer grabbed that date from the relevant field on the old letter and imported it into the new letter).

The date of the letter does not change anything (didn't in my case either).
Old Mar 30th 2004, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Didn't you post about this recently? I seem to recall you saying there was more interaction between you and your attorney at this moment (other than you asking this one question). Really not a big deal to me personally, and you don't need to reply to this part of my post if you don't want to (as it makes no difference to me in the grand scheme of things).

Yes, this is a fairly common reason for a delay in adjudication.

I wouldn't spend a minute worrying about the letter being dated 11/05/02. I've seen this before in a case as well, and it is likely just a preprinted letter they had in your file that was created way back then (or an officer just mistakenly wrote that date in when seeing the old appointment letter in your file, or the computer grabbed that date from the relevant field on the old letter and imported it into the new letter).

The date of the letter does not change anything (didn't in my case either).
Hi Matt, thanks for your answer.

We haven't had any interaction from our attorney since April 2003, when he verbally quit on us. He then told us in writing that he would not accept our phone calls or recieve us in his office.
However, he did send us an invitation on his office letterhead to attend a Financial Seminar that was run by his wife in July 2003!!!! Where's the ethics in that?

But what we really need to know is the following:

Why don't CIS want 2003 tax returns.

Is the medical that was done during November 2002 still valid?
The reason we ask this is that on the appointment letter dated 11/5/02 it states that it is only valid for ONE year?

The latest appointment doesn't mention a Medical.

Can CIS backdate or should we get the 10 year card as we are less than one month from our 3rd wedding anniversary?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 30th 2004, 10:54 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Matt, thanks for your answer.

We haven't had any interaction from our attorney since April 2003, when he verbally quit on us. He then told us in writing that he would not accept our phone calls or recieve us in his office.
However, he did send us an invitation on his office letterhead to attend a Financial Seminar that was run by his wife in July 2003!!!! Where's the ethics in that?
OK, but didn't you just post the other day information about the back and forth you had with your attorney before he quit? There "had" to be more than you simply asking "one" question to trigger that on his part (I would assume). Most attorneys I know won't generally withdraw from a case (actually might not be "able" to W/D) and bar you from calling of visiting them just because you asked "one" question. Come on….

But what we really need to know is the following: Why don't CIS want 2003 tax returns.
The deadline for filing 2003 tax returns is 04/15/04, and even then, one might file for an extension. Didn't you say your interview was for the 14th (before the tax filing deadline)? And just because they did not tell you to bring your 2003 tax materials, that does not prevent you from taking them and presenting them.

Is the medical that was done during November 2002 still valid?
The reason we ask this is that on the appointment letter dated 11/5/02 it states that it is only valid for ONE year?
I believe there was a recent USCIS memo covering this. Perhaps you can find it by searching.

Can CIS backdate or should we get the 10 year card as we are less than one month from our 3rd wedding anniversary?

Thanks in advance.
A 3rd wedding anniversary is not the critical thing to take into consideration. If the marriage is over 2 years old by the time of AOS approval, than one would receive non-conditional LPR status. You will just have to wait and see what they say is your approval date, and then discuss this with them if they get it wrong.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Mar 30th 2004 at 11:41 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.