Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Any reason to bother with reentry permit i-131?

Any reason to bother with reentry permit i-131?

Old Apr 18th 2009, 8:33 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any reason to bother with reentry permit i-131?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Iran does, if you are married to one of its citizens. By virtue of my marriage to an Iranian citizen, I'm also now an Iranian citizen and can obtain an Iranian passport, even though I've never set foot in Iran in my life.

Rene
Rene:

You just reminded me of another "IR" country that does [or at least did that] known as "Ireland." Since that country is one of the very few with a land border with British territory, I find it amusing the lack of mention of that.

A long time ago we had a play date for our children and we had lunch with the parents who are both US Citizens, but one was born in Ireland. I mentioned that perhaps they might want to look into Irish citizenship for the kids -- the Irish passport is one of the more desirable PP's on the planet [no one outside of the UK hates the Irish and they are a member of the EU]. Ava looked into it and found out that not only her kids were Irish, but so was she! She was the wife of a native born Irishman.

Ava is not so sure did the right thing now. Her daughter took up residence in London, married a Brit and her two grandchildren now live in London.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 9:01 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any reason to bother with reentry permit i-131?

Originally Posted by Boiler
I am not aware of any Country that hands out citizenship with you needing to be resident for a few years first.
Canada just did it for me!