Any point my stepson applying

Old May 5th 2019, 4:55 am
Just Joined

Joanne20484 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any point my stepson applying

I'm really hoping someone can help
my partner and I have booked to go to Florida next April and now his son wants to go with us....only problem is that he has been in trouble over the last couple of years for burglary and possession of small quantities of herbal cannabis...this has been dealt with with through the youth courts....is there any point us applying for a visa for him and now much does it cost
Old May 5th 2019, 10:04 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any point my stepson applying

Originally Posted by Joanne20484
I'm really hoping someone can help
my partner and I have booked to go to Florida next April and now his son wants to go with us....only problem is that he has been in trouble over the last couple of years for burglary and possession of small quantities of herbal cannabis...this has been dealt with with through the youth courts....is there any point us applying for a visa for him and now much does it cost
How old is he? What are the full details of all of his offences? How recent was his last conviction?
Old May 5th 2019, 2:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

From what you said sounds like a long shot but $160, up to him if he wants to try.
Old May 5th 2019, 3:28 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
From what you said sounds like a long shot but $160, up to him if he wants to try.
I agree, if "the last couple of years" literally means since January 2017, then it is certainly a very long shot. The only thing I would add is that if the crimes took place before he was 18 then he can likely repair his situation relatively quickly, say within 3-5 years, assuming a totally clean record from here going forwards.
Old May 6th 2019, 12:20 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

So CIMTs and drug convictions in the last 2 years? No point in him applying.
Old May 6th 2019, 12:51 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Another drug conviction could potentially end any chance he has for any sort of visa, forever.