Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Any one here who is an US immigrant that has tried traveling outside USA ....

Any one here who is an US immigrant that has tried traveling outside USA ....

Old Oct 14th 2013, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

bern40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any one here who is an US immigrant that has tried traveling outside USA ....

Anyone here who is a US immigrant that have tried travel outside US, with just the Upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 permanent resident for 1 year stamped on their passport and got back to the US using that stamp? Thanks I'm just want to make sure.

Can you please share your story to me about what did the customs ask or etc. Thanks a lot!

I'm planning to leave less than 6months, I just have my temporary for 1 year stamp.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 5:30 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any one here who is an US immigrant that has tried traveling outside USA ....

Originally Posted by bern40
Anyone here who is a US immigrant that have tried travel outside US, with just the Upon endorsement serves as temporary I-551 permanent resident for 1 year stamped on their passport and got back to the US using that stamp? Thanks I'm just want to make sure.
Yes, many people.

Can you please share your story to me about what did the customs ask or etc. Thanks a lot!
Customs only asks about what you are bringing into the USA. If you mean the immigration officer at the POE, they only ask the usual questions about how long you've been outside the USA, etc.

I'm planning to leave less than 6months, I just have my temporary for 1 year stamp.
That should be fine.

Rene
Old Oct 14th 2013, 10:34 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any one here who is an US immigrant that has tried traveling outside USA ....

Yes I did that myself. The immigration officer questioned me about the whereabouts of my green card, and told me that he was supposed to send me over to another desk for additional verification, but stamped my passport and passed me anyway, perhaps because I was travelling with Mrs P who is a USC.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 11:12 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Your passport was stamped with another entry stamp Pulaski? Didn't know they did that.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 11:32 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Your passport was stamped with another entry stamp Pulaski? Didn't know they did that.
Good question! I might be wrong, I don't remember for sure now, it was a long time ago.

Last edited by Pulaski; Oct 14th 2013 at 11:36 am.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

On my first re-entry using my green card they stamped it and wrote "ARC" which stands for Alien Registration Card. On my most recent re-entry they did not stamp it initially so I asked for a stamp, to help me keep track of entries when I apply for Naturalization.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 2:50 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a US Citizen and upon showing my US passport at the US airport, my passport was scanned and stamped with the same stamp my husband got when he had used his advance parole years ago. The only difference was no date was entered on my stamp.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, of course his passport was stamped.

Returning resident aliens get a normal entry stamp in their passport with "ARC" as the class of admission and the "Until" date left blank.

Sometimes the CBP officer will also scribble an annotation such as "out 10 days" under the stamp. They used to do that almost all the time but seem to have stopped.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 3:39 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, of course his passport was stamped.
You say 'of course' like it should be blindingly obvious. Like I said, I didn't know that.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

I'm leaving US nov 3-april212014 would that be okay? My temporary stamp on my passoirt will expire june 25th 2014, I would just finish my studies at the Philippines. What do you think would the immigration do to me?
Old Oct 14th 2013, 4:07 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I'm leaving US nov 3-april212014 would that be okay?
Yes, of course.

What do you think would the immigration do to me?
They aren't going to do anything to you! I'm not sure why you're even worried or concerned.

Ian
Old Oct 14th 2013, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

I got a stamp "US customs and border protection admitted SFR what does it mean?
Old Oct 14th 2013, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

I'm worried that I cannot come back here anymore.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

And my IV got expired june 26th2013.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 4:10 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I got a stamp "US customs and border protection admitted SFR what does it mean?
SFR = San Francisco!

A 5-second search on Google would have gotten you the same answer.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.