Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Any NSC Approvals thru NVC Recently?

Any NSC Approvals thru NVC Recently?

Old Oct 20th 2003, 9:23 pm
GiveMeStrength

Default Any NSC Approvals thru NVC Recently?

Just wondering if any October approvals out of NSC made it to NVC yet? Seems to be taking a while for my petition to get there whereas most others seem to arrive within 7 days.

Also, anybody been approved from NVC? I'm interested in seeing others timelines.

Its only been 11 days since our approval, but I'm curious if others are experiencing delays.

Old Oct 20th 2003, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

cre8tiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any NSC Approvals thru NVC Recently?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GiveMeStrength
Just wondering if any October approvals out of NSC made it to NVC yet?

It took us 14 - 15 days for the paperwork to get from NSC to NVC at the very beginning of this month... youre almost in.

Now I wish I had a good clue besides 2 to 4 weeks on how long it takes to get OUT and onto the embassy I am seeing people get NVC approval in 4 days and others taking 8 to 10 weeks.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 2:04 am
Tony

> Its only been 11 days since our approval, but I'm curious if others are
    > experiencing delays.

We're a late September NSC approval, but it only took 13 days from
NOA2 to NVC letter.

NOA 1: 3/12/03
NOA 2: 9/26/03
NVC Letter: 10/9/03

Waiting for packet #3

Anthony and Adriane

Old Oct 21st 2003, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

James Mars is an unknown quantity at this point

It depends on the country of the beneficiary. I was told, If they are from a weapons exporting country, they need to do a full background check that takes 2-4 months(usually 2). Russia, China and Iran would be examples. If you combine the NSC with China you will be looking at a year.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cre8tiv
Originally posted by GiveMeStrength
Just wondering if any October approvals out of NSC made it to NVC yet?

It took us 14 - 15 days for the paperwork to get from NSC to NVC at the very beginning of this month... youre almost in.

Now I wish I had a good clue besides 2 to 4 weeks on how long it takes to get OUT and onto the embassy I am seeing people get NVC approval in 4 days and others taking 8 to 10 weeks.
Old Oct 21st 2003, 5:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by James Mars
It depends on the country of the beneficiary. I was told, If they are from a weapons exporting country, they need to do a full background check that takes 2-4 months(usually 2). Russia, China and Iran would be examples. If you combine the NSC with China you will be looking at a year.
FYI, for anyone reading this thread in the future, I just got through NVC. My fiance is from Iran, my file was at NVC for 91 days. It took 2 months for the FBI to complete the security check, and another month for NVC to get it in their data and forward it to the embassy in Turkey.

Rene