Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

ANY INFORMATION ABOUT HOW PREVIOUS ARREST ( NO CHARGES ON FILE ) CAN AFFECT get a GC.

ANY INFORMATION ABOUT HOW PREVIOUS ARREST ( NO CHARGES ON FILE ) CAN AFFECT get a GC.

Old Apr 11th 2005, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

LOlitta is an unknown quantity at this point
Question ANY INFORMATION ABOUT HOW PREVIOUS ARREST ( NO CHARGES ON FILE ) CAN AFFECT get a GC.

hi all,,

I hope someone can help me with some info...

my wife and I ( both on h1b ) are havinfg our fingerprints taken for our GC soon . I was arrested for domestic dispute here in US once and no charges were on file and case was dismissed .

please has anyone been in similar situation how did it ( if any ) affected the GC application procedure ???

thank you alll.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

tanaats is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ANY INFORMATION ABOUT HOW PREVIOUS ARREST ( NO CHARGES ON FILE ) CAN AFFECT get a GC.

Originally Posted by LOlitta
hi all,,

I hope someone can help me with some info...

my wife and I ( both on h1b ) are havinfg our fingerprints taken for our GC soon . I was arrested for domestic dispute here in US once and no charges were on file and case was dismissed .

please has anyone been in similar situation how did it ( if any ) affected the GC application procedure ???

thank you alll.
As far as I know, it shouldn't cause a problem as long as you answered "yes" on I-485, Part 3, question 1b.

If you answered "no" and they find out about it with a fingerprint check, they will likely be upset with you for lying to them.

Joe

Joe