Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Any idea on how long it takes to receive the GC?

Any idea on how long it takes to receive the GC?

Old Sep 18th 2001, 1:48 am
Nalu

Hi all, Just a quick question. I know time varies from INS office to office, but I
was wondering what's the fastest time for somebody to receive their Green Card after
being approved? I was told 6 months, but just wanting to be realistic. And if there
is any place to check for this times?

Thanks for your time

Old Sep 18th 2001, 2:26 am
Onigiri

>
any place to check for this times? Six months will be a "premie"; you can coat
your mail box at home with jello and use ultrasound and a fuzzy image (this is
more like a black-and-white card) will appear on your computer screen when you
open your newsreader. A fully developed green card gets delivered only after 7 and
a half to 8 months. After 9 and a half months, you must worry and have the
dilation checked --too much junkmail and unnecessary magazines result in the
mailbox jaw somewhat permanently dilated -- everyday by a professional. Dominican
cigars are legal in the USA.

Old Sep 18th 2001, 11:46 am
Andy Platt

This is very true. In fact the color can be wrong if they come too early. If anyone's
received a greencard that isn't actually green they should return it to the INS to be
swapped for a better developed version

Andy.

P.S. For the really stupid people - don't do this, GCs aren't actually green anymore!

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>

[usenetquote2]> > Hi all, I was told 6 months, but just wanting to be realistic. And if there is[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
jello
    >
    >
A
    >
    >
    >
mailbox
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 18th 2001, 9:06 pm
Nalu

Well.. your answers are very much appreciated... they tell me exactly what I wanted
to know. The rest was useless.. as I know that the "green" card isn't green.. at the
time I wrote the question I didn't come with a better name. Sorry to those who get
upset about naming the card by it's old nickname In any case, thanks again.

>
If
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
green
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Hi all, I was told 6 months, but just wanting to be realistic. And if there[/usenetquote2]
is
[usenetquote2]> > any place to check for this times? Six months will be a "premie"; you can coat[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > your mail box at home with[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > and use ultrasound and a fuzzy image (this is more like a[/usenetquote2]
black-and-white
[usenetquote2]> > card) will appear on your computer screen when you open your newsreader.[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > fully developed green card gets delivered only after 7 and a half to 8 months.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > After 9 and a half months, you must worry and have the dilation checked --too[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > much junkmail and unnecessary magazines result in the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > jaw somewhat permanently dilated -- everyday by a professional.[/usenetquote2]
Dominican
[usenetquote2]> > cigars are legal in the USA.[/usenetquote2]