Any I-130 Approvals From VSC ???

Old Apr 22nd 2003, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any I-130 Approvals From VSC ???

Hi guys,

Well my husband and I are faced with a the same dilema as some of my fellow K3'ers. Either to wait for approval from VSC on our I-130 before filing for AOS or sending the AOS papers now with a pending application at VSC ??!!

Has anyone had or seen a recent approval from VSC on the I-130's ? It might help us make up our minds somewhat.

Thanks again.

~Claudia
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

DrewS is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our I-130 approved from the VSC on April 7.

1st NOA: July 14, 2002
RFE: early December, 2002
RFE response received by VSC late December, 2002
2nd NOA: April 7, 2003

However, we applied for our I-485 in February at the BCIS office in San Antonio and gave them a copy of the 1st NOA. San Antonio was supposed to contact the VSC to get them to transfer the I-130. So, its possible that the approval was due to intervention by San Antonio and not because VSC is working on I-130s again.

Hope this helps.

Drew.
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by DrewS
We had our I-130 approved from the VSC on April 7.

1st NOA: July 14, 2002
RFE: early December, 2002
RFE response received by VSC late December, 2002
2nd NOA: April 7, 2003

However, we applied for our I-485 in February at the BCIS office in San Antonio and gave them a copy of the 1st NOA. San Antonio was supposed to contact the VSC to get them to transfer the I-130. So, its possible that the approval was due to intervention by San Antonio and not because VSC is working on I-130s again.

Hope this helps.

Drew.

Drew,

Thanks a lot for the information provided, I guess I will file for AOS soon because my approval from VSC maybe months if not years away!!!

~Claudia
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 7:10 pm
Banned

Katie is an unknown quantity at this point

Claudia,
VSC received my I-130 petition on September 7, 2002. I am still waiting for further action. I phoned VSC last Wednesday (4/16) and was told that it would be at least another four months before my petition would be anywhere near a desk for processing.

Katie
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Katie
Claudia,
VSC received my I-130 petition on September 7, 2002. I am still waiting for further action. I phoned VSC last Wednesday (4/16) and was told that it would be at least another four months before my petition would be anywhere near a desk for processing.

Katie
Katie:

Thnak you for letting me know what the situation is at VSC, this is outrageous. Can you imagine if the K3 Visa did not exist, I would still be apart from my husband without hopes of approval anytime soon.

At least my husband and I are reunited, but this waiting thing really sucks.

Good luck Katie.

~Claudia