Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Any experiences with visa waivers??

Any experiences with visa waivers??

Old Jul 17th 2002, 6:20 pm
Mbjers

Default Any experiences with visa waivers??

Has ANYONE got any experiences with visa waivers besides Callie? I mean have you
filed the I-130 and needed the waiver of excludability? Please someone help me with
this. I am in dire need of some guidance. Thanks.

MBjers

Old Jul 17th 2002, 8:20 pm
Toni D

Default Re: Any experiences with visa waivers??

>Has ANYONE got any experiences with visa waivers besides Callie? I mean have you
    >filed the I-130 and needed the waiver of excludability? Please someone help me with
    >this. I am in dire need of some guidance. Thanks.
    >
    >MBjers
    >

Have you consulted with an immigration attorney? It seems to me that proving extreme
hardship will be difficult, not that it isn't already, because you are living with
your husband in his country. The hardship requirements are tough.

Old Jul 18th 2002, 9:20 am
Mbjers

[email protected] (Toni D) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > >Has ANYONE got any experiences with visa waivers besides Callie? I mean have you
    > >filed the I-130 and needed the waiver of excludability? Please someone help me
    > >with this. I am in dire need of some guidance. Thanks.
    > >
    > >MBjers
    > >
    >
    > Have you consulted with an immigration attorney? It seems to me that proving
    > extreme hardship will be difficult, not that it isn't already, because you are
    > living with your husband in his country. The hardship requirements are tough.

Well I'd normally not hesitate consulting with an attorney but I cant afford one.
That is why I am trying to find out as much as I can about this...

Old Jul 19th 2002, 11:20 pm
Rick

[email protected] (Toni D) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > >From: [email protected] (MBjers)
    >
    > >
    > >Well I'd normally not hesitate consulting with an attorney but I cant afford one.
    > >That is why I am trying to find out as much as I can about this...
    >
    > I know that there are those who have done this without an attorney. I think the
    > biggest hurdle you face is the hardship. I found a website once that detailed the
    > criteria but don't have it anymore. You can do a search with the words hardship
    > waiver immigration and see what comes up. You can download the 601 waiver at:
    >
    > www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/formsfeeforms/
    >
    > Good luck

Details of waiver filing procedure and proving hardship can be found at

http://k1.exit.com/crimesframes.html

rick