Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

any experience on 1 or 2 day overstay on vwpp?

any experience on 1 or 2 day overstay on vwpp?

Old Jul 3rd 2001, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

pjane1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello people!
Does anyone have experience with a 1 or 2-day overstay on the Visa Waiver?
My fiance on one of his visits was unable to get a flight back to UK on time, therefore he was here for 92 days. I hope this isn't going to throw everything we've gone through into tailspin, when he interviews in London on July 17. Many thanks for any input. BTW our atty says highly unlikely, and the interview in London will be painless, but I need something to worry about!
Old Jul 3rd 2001, 2:53 pm
Andy Platt

Assuming his interview is for a K-1 I don't see any problems. He'll never be able to
use the visa waiver again but hopefully he'll never have to anyway!

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 3rd 2001, 3:09 pm
Grinch

>
[usenetquote2]> > our atty says highly unlikely, and the interview in London will be painless, but[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I need something to worry about![/usenetquote2]

It will be fine I personally guarantee it. Please worry about Gooky my horned toad.
One of his horns is dropping off.

Grinch

Old Jul 3rd 2001, 3:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with your attorney's prognosis. Unless your fiancee had a notation marked in his passport and a ban placed on his future use of the WVP or entry into the US, then he should be fine.

Rita
Old Jul 3rd 2001, 3:37 pm
Andy Platt

He does have a ban on the future use of the visa waiver. It's automatic.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jul 3rd 2001, 4:16 pm
Shawn Seabrook

[usenetquote2]> >. BTW[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > our atty says highly unlikely, and the interview in London will be painless,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > but I need something to worry about![/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >

There's nothing quite like realising you're not quite the horny toad you thought you
were in your past.

Tell you what, Andy. If I pass my interview with a previous conviction, two days
overstay is a walk in the park.

--
ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤Â� �`°¤ø,¸¸»«¸,ø¤°`� �°Â¤Ã¸,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,Â� �¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø� �¤Â°`°¤ø,¸ø¤°`°¤ø Shawn
Seabrook. http://www.orlando-seabrook.freeserve.co.uk This signature set seems to
have reduced my spam. Maybe if everyone does it we can defeat the email search bots.
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected] [email protected] I do not fear computers. I fear the
lack of them. (Isaac Asimov.)
ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤Â� �`°¤ø,¸¸»«¸,ø¤°`� �°Â¤Ã¸,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,Â� �¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø� �¤Â°`°¤ø,¸ø¤°`°¤ø

Old Jul 3rd 2001, 4:17 pm
Shawn Seabrook

>

Penny, rather. Sorry 'bout that, Andy.

Old Jul 3rd 2001, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Well now my stomache is in knots over this thing.
My fiance IS banned from using the Visa Waiver.... they stamped that in his passport last December when he was denied entry in Phoenix and sent back to the UK.
Am I still okay for the interview?
I feel like I'm going to cry.
Old Jul 3rd 2001, 5:23 pm
British in Wisconsin

Jememennie is an unknown quantity at this point

Aww, dear, I'm no expert but I think it should be ok. When I had my interview there were a couple of people at the Embassy who had stamps in their passports because they'd been refused admission to the USA. But they still got their K-1 visas. So try not to stress too much.

take care, Jennie

Ben & Jennie's UK to USA K-1 Visa Quest: http://www.geocities.com/ben_jennie/

Old Jul 4th 2001, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks to all of you for making me feel a whole lot better! The knot in my stomache has gone but I'm still worried about that toad.
Old Jul 4th 2001, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Default back to stressing

Uh oh, I went looking at loads of websites last night, searching for 1 or 2-day overstays. One attorney's site said you're subject to a 3 year ban (That can't be right!).
How should my Fiance approach this subject at his interview?
Should he bring it up himself? Or should he wait until the interviewer brings up his 2 day overstay? I saw where a fiance in Brazil was denied their K-1 at the interview due to a 2-day overstay and had to file for the waiver. This worrying is killing me. We bought his airline ticket already, it's non refundable and I'll be so disappointed if he doesn't get his visa on the 17th.
I know I was told not to worry, but when I read other people's stories of having their visa denied in same situation, I can't help it! Can you give me some more advice please?