Another N-400 Question

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another N-400 Question

Sorry guys, I can't believe I've been around here this long and now when it's MY turn, I can't figure things out.

The instructions say "Answer all questions fully and accurately. State that an item is not applicable with "N/A". If the answer is none, write "none". Sounds easy, right?

Sadegh has no middle name. When they ask for "Full Middle Name (if applicable)", should I... 1) leave that spot blank; 2) write N/A; or 3) write None? I don't want them thinking his middle name is None!

I've run into this with other questions which say (if applicable). If I have no answer for that box, should I put N/A? Or leave it blank since it's not applicable?

I'm so embarrassed to be asking this!
Rene
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

nc-gremlin will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Another N-400 Question

I also have no middle name so I left it blank in my N400. I had no problem at the interview. I would also leave the other not applicable's blank as well.

Last edited by nc-gremlin; Oct 2nd 2008 at 8:35 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nc-gremlin
I also have no middle name so I left it blank in my N400. I had no problem at the interview. I would also leave the other not applicable's blank as well.
Thank you so much! That's what I've done, but then I started to doubt myself.

Rene
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a couple of old chuckles for you Nene...

what it is about this process that makes turns normal people into irrational morons

Hear, hear! The closer we get to filing day, the worse I get. All I can hope for is that once the papers are turned in, it's out of my hands and we just have to trust.
Patrick, I wish I knew the answer to your question, because *this sucks*! I'm a bright girl, used to following the rules & usually quite good with the ole paperwork, but holy bureaurocracy, Batman! I find myself online researching how to answer *every* question...I mean, I can't even fill in my own name without looking here there and everywhere first! (no middle name)

Q: What would be appropriate in "middle name" field if there is no middle name on AOS forms ?

My recommendation is to draw a line " --- ". That way, you've acknowledged that you saw a space there, but don't have anything to fill in. I agree with you that you don't want your middle name to suddenly become "N/A" or "NONE". LOL

The rest of that thread is good too!

Neither Sheila nor I have a middle name but, apparently, all the spaces on a Tennessee marriage certificate need to be filled in. So, instead
of leaving a blank, our certificate shows: NMN - which, of course, stands for No Middle Name! I have to laugh out loud sometimes when I
think of this!

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
I'd put whatever you do in brackets, e.g. [no middle name], or [none] or just leave it bloddy blank.

By the way, many of our clients are Korean who have three part names and what we do is put in the Family name [e.g. Kim] for "last name" and a hypenated personal name [e.g. In-Kyu] for first name and leave the middle name blank. Otherwise were were getting stuff like "In Kim" or "In K. Kim" which is not the way things work in Korean culture.

Lets not even start on Hispanic names.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna
My recommendation is to draw a line " --- ". That way, you've acknowledged that you saw a space there, but don't have anything to fill in. I agree with you that you don't want your middle name to suddenly become "N/A" or "NONE". LOL
OMG I'm laughing my head off here! I answered my own question. LOL Sheesh, it's like everything I had ever recommended to anyone else has suddenly flown right out of my brain!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:13 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
OMG I'm laughing my head off here! I answered my own question. LOL Sheesh, it's like everything I had ever recommended to anyone else has suddenly flown right out of my brain!
It just cracks me up that all of us are in the same boat .. you, me, Ian.. and we've all had the same reaction under pressure!

"Fnu? Fnu? Is Fnu here?"
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

What did you do on the other forms? Do the same thing.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much! That's what I've done, but then I started to doubt myself.
Neither Sheila nor I have a middle name. I drew a short line through that section. Wasn't a problem for me.

I do have to laugh though... as our marriage certificate shows as Sheila NMN LastName and Ian NMN LastName. NMN = no middle name! And it's there, in black & white! Gotta love the folks in Sevier County, TN.

Edit to add: OMG... I didn't realize I had mentioned this before! I love this forum!

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Oct 2nd 2008 at 10:09 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna
It just cracks me up that all of us are in the same boat .. you, me, Ian.. and we've all had the same reaction under pressure!

"Fnu? Fnu? Is Fnu here?"
meauxna,

I ran across THIS in my search as well, from this past April. I'm psychic!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...95&postcount=9

Rene
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Edit to add: OMG... I didn't realize I had mentioned this before! I love this forum!

Ian
Ha HA! See what you get for not reading the whole thread!

meauxna,

I ran across THIS in my search as well, from this past April. I'm psychic!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...95&postcount=9

Rene
lol... either 'predictable' or 'consistent'!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Rete
What did you do on the other forms? Do the same thing.
Oops! Duhhhh. Somewhere between the I-751 and the N-400 I must have lost a few brain cells!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 2:00 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Oops! Duhhhh. Somewhere between the I-751 and the N-400 I must have lost a few brain cells!
No, they're all just tired.

Wakey wakey, eggs and bacey!

~SG