another idea

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 6:53 pm
Joel Isenberg

This was the original plan.... but we have somthing differen now and was just wondering if
it would work.

Ok i have a plan but i dont know if it would work or not and i just need some info. Well
anyway... i was wondering. Im an American Citizen and my fiance lives in Scotland. We are
getting married over there but dont want to wait the 6-12 months for the stupid visa.
Well what if we got the K-1 visa and got a civil marriage over here in the US and then
went over to scotland and had our ceremony over their. would this work? because then we
would be together and we would have our marriage over in scotland. Please tell me this
would work.

ok... now what if we did this instead. im going over there on christmas of 2001. what if
we got a civil marriage there in scotland and then do the visa and then we would have our
normal ceremony and stuff i august. would this work... im assuming it will.

joel

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 7:31 pm
Onigiri

You are kidding , right ? And you haven't filed any petitions to the INS yet, have you?
Here is a new twist: Sean Connery (aka 007) is going to declare independence soon and not
let any outsiders come in and marry a lass in Scotland. Then you will both have to go to
iceland and take a fishing boat back to New Foundland and have the captain marry you on
board. Post away....it is lovely/nice to see you discover such possibilities.

> This was the original plan.... but we have somthing differen now and was just wondering
> if it would work.
>
> Ok i have a plan but i dont know if it would work or not and i just need some info. Well
> anyway... i was wondering. Im an American Citizen and my fiance lives in Scotland. We
> are getting married over there but dont want to wait the 6-12 months for the stupid
> visa. Well what if we got the K-1 visa and got a civil marriage over here in the US and
> then went over to scotland and had our ceremony over their. would this work? because
> then we would be together and we would have our marriage over in scotland. Please tell
> me this would work.
>
> ok... now what if we did this instead. im going over there on christmas of 2001. what if
> we got a civil marriage there in scotland and then do the visa and then we would have
> our normal ceremony and stuff i august. would this work... im assuming it will.
>
> joel

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 7:36 pm
mr_toady

You are kidding , right ? And you haven't filed any petitions to the
> INS yet, have you? Here is a new twist: Sean Connery (aka 007) is going to declare
> independence soon and not let any outsiders come in and marry a lass
in
> Scotland.

Shame that Sean Connery has lived in Spain the last 15 years

Andrew "I should NOT drink beer at lunch time !"

Old Feb 2nd 2001, 9:08 pm
George Charpied

Joel,

What is the necessity of your convoluted plan with the likelihood of an improbable
outcome? Visa, stupid or not, will have to be had in some form. Alvena's advice
usually follows the outlines of DCF, which is what I think you are suggesting? Why
not follow it?

George and Miglena

Joel Isenberg wrote:
>
> This was the original plan.... but we have somthing differen now and was just wondering
> if it would work.
>
> Ok i have a plan but i dont know if it would work or not and i just need some info. Well
> anyway... i was wondering. Im an American Citizen and my fiance lives in Scotland. We
> are getting married over there but dont want to wait the 6-12 months for the stupid
> visa. Well what if we got the K-1 visa and got a civil marriage over here in the US and
> then went over to scotland and had our ceremony over their. would this work? because
> then we would be together and we would have our marriage over in scotland. Please tell
> me this would work.
>
> ok... now what if we did this instead. im going over there on christmas of 2001. what if
> we got a civil marriage there in scotland and then do the visa and then we would have
> our normal ceremony and stuff i august. would this work... im assuming it will.
>
> joel