Another hoop...

Old Jun 26th 2003, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

KMT1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another hoop...

Ok, now how long does it take to get work authorization with INS (sent to vermont Service Center), fiance sent in document I-765, early this week. Wants to start working ASAP, we got SS card, but it says valid for work only with INS approval. Please tell me this won't take long!!!! He has been sending out Resume's all over the U.S.
On the bright side, we are getting married next week!!!
KMT1

K1 approved Dec 02
Interview in Vancouver April 1
POE May 29

Does it ever end with all this paper work and hoops?
Old Jun 26th 2003, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

rzack is an unknown quantity at this point

I submitted mine on May 28th 2003, still waiting. It will takes 60 to 90 days. The good news is your hubby already has his SS# while I have to apply after I got my EAD and its another waiting. Grrrrrrrr
Old Jun 26th 2003, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by rzack
I submitted mine on May 28th 2003, still waiting. It will takes 60 to 90 days. The good news is your hubby already has his SS# while I have to apply after I got my EAD and its another waiting. Grrrrrrrr
------------------------------------------

Where did you file?
Old Jun 26th 2003, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

rzack is an unknown quantity at this point

Vermont and then transferred to Baltimore on 6/20/03. I'm hoping it will be here another 2 weeks. Thats what I see in the forum. Normally it takes about 6 weeks from the application date.
Old Jun 26th 2003, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by rzack
Vermont and then transferred to Baltimore on 6/20/03. I'm hoping it will be here another 2 weeks. Thats what I see in the forum. Normally it takes about 6 weeks from the application date.

I just wonder if we have done this backwards, or if we were suppose to send the AOS with it. But I thought the AOS was what you did after you got married.
Thanks for your reply