Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

American embassy in Tel-Aviv(Israel)sucks! because.....

American embassy in Tel-Aviv(Israel)sucks! because.....

Old Jun 8th 2004, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Americanwife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default American embassy in Tel-Aviv(Israel)sucks! because.....

Hi guys
if any of you have applied through tel aviv's american embassy id like to hear your experiences.
I sent them biographic data part 1 also by fax and also by courier express mail 2 weeks ago.One woman says they got it, today by accident another woman says they did not get it and that they deal with mails from MARCH!!
besides, operators are rude, dont provide any information correctly,misinform me. and in such pace i wont get my interview untill October i think
How did it go for you?do they really deal with mail from March?
Sounds terrible.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Megan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: American embassy in Tel-Aviv(Israel)sucks! because.....

Originally posted by Americanwife
Hi guys
if any of you have applied through tel aviv's american embassy id like to hear your experiences.
I sent them biographic data part 1 also by fax and also by courier express mail 2 weeks ago.One woman says they got it, today by accident another woman says they did not get it and that they deal with mails from MARCH!!
besides, operators are rude, dont provide any information correctly,misinform me. and in such pace i wont get my interview untill October i think
Sounds terrible.
My husband got his K-3 almost 2 years ago now from Tel Aviv. We had a similar experience - they were rude, and most of the time wrong. They sent us packets that were missing forms, and did not believe us when we called to request the missing forms.

It was all very frustrating, and all along when they told us it wasn't being processed, someone actually was working on it.

They have been having problems recently with a shortage of employees, and said on their website that processing will be slow (we are now waiting on them to schedule an interview for our I-130). They also seem to close for both Jewish and American holidays, which probably slowed them down in April.

We never figured out the best way to deal with them, but eventually made it through. So, try to hang in!

Megan
Old Jun 8th 2004, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,Megan and thanks for your responce.
Yes their package misses forms and i completed them by downloading from the internet.
1st July is the date when our petition expires(this 4-month period)and i dont want to have this pain in butt by extending it.
Sigh,this is frustrating
Old Jun 8th 2004, 5:07 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Americanwife
Hi guys
Sounds terrible.
Hi:

A fact little appreciated by people dealing with consulates -- most American diplomatic posts employ LOCAL people for many clerical and phone operator duties. [In the days of the Soviet Union, it was know that they many embassy employees also were employed by the KGB].

In light of this fact, you will no longer be as surprised.
Old Jun 8th 2004, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

A fact little appreciated by people dealing with consulates -- most American diplomatic posts employ LOCAL people for many clerical and phone operator duties. [In the days of the Soviet Union, it was know that they many embassy employees also were employed by the KGB].

In light of this fact, you will no longer be as surprised.

Well i am not saying american employers are bad or israeli are.
It doesnt matter for me whether the operators are local or american citizens.All this experience and quality of service are frustrating and shouldnt be given like that.Especially i see no place to be rude with people who call to ask whether their papers had been received by the embassy.