American Consulate in Manila

Old Apr 13th 2001, 2:41 pm
A

Now that I have the NOA.....what is the current status with the American Consulate in
Manila. How far is it backlogged and what documents are they requiring of Filipina
fiancees these days?

Thank You, Aaron

Old Apr 20th 2001, 5:57 am
Me

Well don't want to make things sound bad, maybe they will be better for you, but it
took 5 months from NOA, to when our paperwork came up at the Manila Embassy. It took
me a total of 14 months from starting to getting her here. I might be missing a
couple but what she will need is... NBI police report Record of no marriage or proof
of divorce(as appl.) Birth Certificate with stamp or raised seal Passport 2 more
passport photos(think only 2) Good to take proof of relationship to the
interview..ex. pictures together, letters, or plane tickets from the visits. I'm
probably forgetting something, but hope this helps

Frank and Caroline

>
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 20th 2001, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

filipina is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think that is the bulk of the backlog in manila. Recent k-1 homepages experience i've read stated that in total from the filing of the I-129F to the approval of the K-1, 6 to 7 months is the maximum. 14 months is too lengthly for K-1.
Old Apr 22nd 2001, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

filipina is an unknown quantity at this point

You may check this site, regarding what docs does the embassy in manila would require for the K-1.
http://www.geocities.com/psalm9114/k1timeline.html
Very detailed. Excelente!