Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

all is needed is a 130 form ???????

all is needed is a 130 form ???????

Old Sep 17th 2001, 1:53 am
Ffsn39

the mother is here now, married a US guy, filed for AOS in May.she wants to try to
bring over her 20 yr.old.is the 130 form only needed ? and her and hubby take it to
local INS ? no mailing it to TSC ( dam ) ? can someone give me a time frame on filing
this way ? by the way, the kid's in Russia..

Old Sep 17th 2001, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

Perdue is an unknown quantity at this point

In this case, the petitioner (the US husband) has to file the I-130 with his REGIONAL SERVICE CENTER (TSC I assume), not the local office. Along with it, he must include G-325A's for both him and the child, proof of US citizenship, etc, etc. This process will likely take 18+ months.

If he is dealing with the Russian consulate, he may have the option of doing direct consular filing at the consulate (does this apply for children as well as spouses?). He would have to travel to Russia and file the application in person. This process would take 3-4 months if I recall correctly.
Old Sep 17th 2001, 3:22 am
Michael Voight

Perdue wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Yes, you can DCF a stepchild in Moscow. However, you better do something to get him
the visa before he reaches
21.Then he moves from the immediate (IR) catetgory to family first perference (F1)
Currently, the F1 preference date being processed is March 1999. This means it
will take a 21 year old an EXTRA 2 1/2 years to get a visa. (This assumes they
still consider stepchildren for this category, for category they do)

Michael

Old Sep 17th 2001, 11:52 am
Andy Platt

Additionally, the marriage must have taken place before the child was 18.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

>
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > In this case, the petitioner (the US husband) has to file the I-130 with his[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > REGIONAL SERVICE CENTER (TSC I assume), not the local office. Along with it, he[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > must include G-325A's for both him and the child, proof of US citizenship, etc,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > etc. This process will likely take 18+ months.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > If he is dealing with the Russian consulate, he may have the option of doing[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > direct consular filing at the consulate (does this apply for children as well as[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > spouses?). He would have to travel to Russia and file the application in person.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > This process would take 3-4 months if I recall correctly.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Sep 17th 2001, 12:11 pm
Paulgani

How did she come? By K-1? If so, the only way to get him here is a K-2, and he must
come to the U.S., AND complete AOS prior to reaching 21.

Can't file the I-130 unless the marriage took place before the step-child turned 18.

Paulgani

>
to try
    >
hubby
    >
a
    >