Aila, Oh Aila . . .

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Archie Wilson will become famous soon enough
Default Aila, Oh Aila . . .

It would be nice if an AILA member could post the answers to the list so members would know what the deal is:

What is the status of the regulation change proposed by USCIS to increase the term of EAD to match the estimated time of the AOS adjudication???

Has it made the Federal Register, yet? What date??

If so, where is it in the process of going into effect? Date?
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:47 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aila, Oh Aila . . .

Originally posted by Archie Wilson
It would be nice if an AILA member could post the answers to the list so members would know what the deal is:

What is the status of the regulation change proposed by USCIS to increase the term of EAD to match the estimated time of the AOS adjudication???

I believe an AILA member answered it in this post:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=243349
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

An AILA member did give partial information, but the exact answers to the questions could not be located on the site.

Need the date the Reg. change appeared in the Federal Register
so can read it online.

Also, date of implementation.

Originally posted by Noorah101
I believe an AILA member answered it in this post:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=243349
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 6:02 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

An AILA member did give partial information, but the exact answers to the questions could not be located on the site.

Need the date the Reg. change appeared in the Federal Register
so can read it online.

Also, date of implementation.
Why?
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

It helps to be fully informed.

Why not?

Originally posted by Leslie66
Why?
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

I don't know. To be quite frank, I don't care. Trying to anticipate regulatory change is the path to madness. If it happens, it will happen when it happens.

Proposed regulations come out all the time, comments are submitted, and then nothing happens. [Although sometimes you see the Service Centers start apply the proposed standards rather than the legal ones in existence and by and by you see litigation]. Notice of Regulatory Agendas will come out and then not even a proposed regulation comes out.

I can envision this item being part of an Interim Regulation rather than a proposed regulation.

A long time ago, I received a legal response to a motion I had made in court [non-immigration case -- an attorney should not represent relatives, but I digress] which stated "Any myopic first year law student can see the error in counsel's arugment." Well, any "myopic first year law student" has had a class in legal research. Find one of those -- they are cheap and eager to please.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 6:47 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

It helps to be fully informed.

Why not?

1. Because your driving everybody crazy asking the same question over and over again.
2. They've told you as much as they know.
3. You are apparently the only one that cares about this.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about

I care too. I want to know if I will be able to get an EAD for longer than a year, since AOS in Atlanta takes 3 and I don't really want to re-apply every year.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:06 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
I don't know. To be quite frank, I don't care. Trying to anticipate regulatory change is the path to madness. If it happens, it will happen when it happens.
Couldn't have said it better myself. When I first got started in my practice, I'd spend my time reading these blurbs about what "might" happen. I'd mention some of them to the attorney that I shared office space with (she had been in practice for a while) who mentioned that she ignores that sort of thing and will spend her time reading the regs if and when they actually materialize. I saw the wisdom of what she was saying and have adopted that approach ever since.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

I believe the change in policy we are discussing is presently being implemented. Just wanted to get the full read on it.

Really don't mean to both you, but you are an AILA member, and AILA keeps you folks aware ofthe 'cutting edge' stuff which is not easily available to lay people.

AILA members are usually nice to share info with the list.

Thanks for your help.
-------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Proposed regulations come out all the time, comments are submitted, and then nothing happens. [Although sometimes you see the Service Centers start apply the proposed standards rather than the legal ones in existence and by and by you see litigation]. Notice of Regulatory Agendas will come out and then not even a proposed regulation comes out.

I can envision this item being part of an Interim Regulation rather than a proposed regulation.

A long time ago, I received a legal response to a motion I had made in court [non-immigration case -- an attorney should not represent relatives, but I digress] which stated "Any myopic first year law student can see the error in counsel's arugment." Well, any "myopic first year law student" has had a class in legal research. Find one of those -- they are cheap and eager to please.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

You busy busy AILA boys might ought to do some checking.

Believe this one is being presently implemented by USCIS.

I know the atmosphere is rarified out in California with you hightone AILA boys, but come on and dome down from you ivory towers and help out the list and provide some useful information that AILA provides you.

After all, what is the true purpose and spirit of AILA if not to help and share needed information.

=======================================

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
Couldn't have said it better myself. When I first got started in my practice, I'd spend my time reading these blurbs about what "might" happen. I'd mention some of them to the attorney that I shared office space with (she had been in practice for a while) who mentioned that she ignores that sort of thing and will spend her time reading the regs if and when they actually materialize. I saw the wisdom of what she was saying and have adopted that approach ever since.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:21 pm
WTF?

You busy busy AILA boys might ought to do some checking.

Believe this one is being presently implemented by USCIS.

I know the atmosphere is rarified out in California with you hightone AILA boys, but come on and dome down from you ivory towers and help out the list and provide some useful information that AILA provides you.

After all, what is the true purpose and spirit of AILA if not to help and share needed information.
Are you quite certain that being obnoxious is the best way to get free legal advice?
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by LucyMO
I care too. I want to know if I will be able to get an EAD for longer than a year, since AOS in Atlanta takes 3 and I don't really want to re-apply every year.

Leslie,

Lucy just hit the nai on the head!

You AILA boys can ignore me, but please help out Lucy and the other people who find themselves in this boat of wondering if the change which allegedly has been implemented will give them some relief from having to file I-765 renewals annually.

By the way Leslie, didn't your family just benefit from a 2 year EAD under this new policy?
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:30 pm
WTF?

By the way Leslie, didn't your family just benefit from a 2 year EAD under this new policy?

My husband is a K3 recipient and yes he did. The K3ers are getting 2 year EAD's now.

Is that what you've been trying to find out?
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 7:38 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Are you quite certain that being obnoxious is the best way to get free legal advice?
No kidding! When AILA let's us know of the changes that have actually taken place, I'll share that information just as I have always done in the past.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.