After the oath, what comes next?

Old Jan 24th 2012, 7:45 pm
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light
Default After the oath, what comes next?

I'm a newly-minted US Citizen now, woohooo!!!

Now, the next steps:

Register to vote - I did that as we exited the court room, they were handing out the paperwork
Get US Passport - already have the application, will drop it at a post office this week
Change SSN - this comes next, I have the link already

Anything else I'm missing? Or would that be it?
Old Jan 24th 2012, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: After the oath, what comes next?

Some states link driving license validity to your status, you may want to go get a new license but there isn't a huge rush unless it expires soon.

You can now bitch and moan about all them illegals :-)
Old Jan 24th 2012, 7:54 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bequibar
Anything else I'm missing? Or would that be it?
Get MVD to update their records next time you're there.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 7:55 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Some states link driving license validity to your status, you may want to go get a new license but there isn't a huge rush unless it expires soon.

Snap!
Old Jan 24th 2012, 7:56 pm
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sir_eccles

LOL

Damn, I just got a brand new driver's license last month.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 7:57 pm
Septicity

LOL

It's probably not worth a special trip.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:02 pm
foxy little minx

Originally Posted by fatbrit
It's probably not worth a special trip.
Good.

You have a reputation beyond repute, so I'll take your word for it.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:05 pm
Septicity

Good.

You have a reputation beyond repute, so I'll take your word for it.
Are you going to get the twee little passport card as well? You'll feel bare without your GC, so you could look on it as a substitute.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:16 pm
foxy little minx

What?

Show me!
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

LOL

Check the DMV Chicago before going there. NYS doesn't care if you are a USC or not. The only thing in NYS is that you get the little card if you want to cross into Canada. I use my big PP for that.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:19 pm
Septicity

What?

Show me!

It's credit card sized. Only useful for crossing to adjoining places, so get it in addition to the passport.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:21 pm
foxy little minx

Ooooooooooooooohhh...
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:27 pm
Septicity

Ooooooooooooooohhh...
I can see we have a sale.

Order it with your passport application.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:28 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Rete
Check the DMV Chicago before going there. NYS doesn't care if you are a USC or not. The only thing in NYS is that you get the little card if you want to cross into Canada. I use my big PP for that.
That's a point!

Dunno if Illinois signed up for it, though. Arizona did not.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 8:36 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a newly-minted US Citizen now, woohooo!!!

Change SSN - this comes next, I have the link already
Congratulations! Did you mean a link to the form or is there way to do this online these days? I never got my act together to do this and have had the form sitting on my desk so many years it has undoubtedly expired! If there was a way to do it online that I haven't located I would be so happy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.