advice please

Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

spooks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advice please

Hi all my sister has just paid $88 to start my visa process, she has been told to download the paperwork for the affidavit of support but further down the email it says do not download until you receive notification from NVC as this will slow your process down how long does this processtake and what comes next thank you so much for reading debbie
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:50 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice please

Originally Posted by spooks
Hi all my sister has just paid $88 to start my visa process, she has been told to download the paperwork for the affidavit of support but further down the email it says do not download until you receive notification from NVC as this will slow your process down how long does this processtake and what comes next thank you so much for reading debbie

Sounds like a scam.

The whole process takes a decade or so.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

You can download all the forms for free from the USCIS website whenever you want, if you are not using a lawyer the only fee is the application fees associated with the application but none of them are $88 as far as I know and sounds very low for a lawyer. I agree that this sounds like a scam or at best, a service that charges you to do something you can do for free. Who has she paid money to and who sent the email?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

hi, no its not a scam i have been in the process 11 years we are now approved since 07 this is the part where we send tax returns, affidavit of support etc we just need to know how long it takes from paying the fee till we can download paperwork thanks anyway deb
Old Aug 30th 2010, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi its the nvc who emailed me to say the process was starting we are not using a lawyer as my sister is my agent
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spooks
Your sister can download the I-864 and complete it now, but she must wait to send it to NVC until she receives the bar-code cover sheet from NVC (after payment is received).

It is not a scam.

There will also be a fee bill for the DS-230 of just over $400.

You can follow the flowchart of events here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_3190.html
Old Aug 30th 2010, 8:40 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Sounds like a scam.

The whole process takes a decade or so.
It's OK to ask questions when you're unsure.