Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Advice needed- Applying for 140-485 concurrent- Case of Pregnancy and TB Test

Advice needed- Applying for 140-485 concurrent- Case of Pregnancy and TB Test

Old Dec 17th 2009, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

ADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really nice
Default Advice needed- Applying for 140-485 concurrent- Case of Pregnancy and TB Test

Folks
Need some direction here.
I had previously decided to file 140 and 485 concurrently. But we recently realized that my wife has become pregnant meanwhile (Not planned at all)
We went to the USCIS civil surgeon where we were told they will not do any vaccination and not conduct TB test. She is in her first trimester.

I was told by my attorney that we can file for 140 and 485 together, but my wife's 485 will get an RFE and at that time we will provide addtional details on vaccination and TB.
Let me know if the above works like that and are there any risks involved?

Should I wait for 140 to be approved and then apply for 485 (I am assuming it will take 3 to 4 months). She is ok to go for a TB test and Tetanus vaccination in 2nd trimester. So a lot of action in one day today.
Any help or similar cases info will help us.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 1:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed- Applying for 140-485 concurrent- Case of Pregnancy and TB Test

Originally Posted by ADA_AKS
I was told by my attorney that we can file for 140 and 485 together...
Good. They should be filed together.

... but my wife's 485 will get an RFE...
So what - that should have no bearing on whether or not the two applications are filed together.

... and at that time we will provide addtional details on vaccination and TB.
Don't worry about an RFE for the vaccinations. If they are medically contraindicated, the requirement will most likely be waived.

Ian
Old Dec 17th 2009, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Socal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond reputeSocal Local has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed- Applying for 140-485 concurrent- Case of Pregnancy and TB Test

Here is a thread from someone else who was in a similar situation:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627556
Old Dec 18th 2009, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

ADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really niceADA_AKS is just really nice

any more replies?