Advice needed

Old Jan 29th 2020, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Urbanscot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice needed

Unskilled Workers (Other Workers)

You must be capable, at the time the petition is filed on your behalf, of performing unskilled labor (requiring less than 2 years training or experience), that is not of a temporary or seasonal nature, for which qualified workers are not available in the United States.

Labour certification and a permanent, full-time job offer required.

Note: While eligibility requirements for the third preference classification are less stringent, you should be aware that a long backlog exists for visas in the "other workers" category
Here is another process, it does say a back log, do any of you have any ideas of the times and backlogs in such cases?
Old Jan 29th 2020, 10:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Urbanscot
Unskilled Workers (Other Workers)

You must be capable, at the time the petition is filed on your behalf, of performing unskilled labor (requiring less than 2 years training or experience), that is not of a temporary or seasonal nature, for which qualified workers are not available in the United States.

Labour certification and a permanent, full-time job offer required.

Note: While eligibility requirements for the third preference classification are less stringent, you should be aware that a long backlog exists for visas in the "other workers" category
Here is another process, it does say a back log, do any of you have any ideas of the times and backlogs in such cases?
I am going to assume you are quoting from an EB3, they used to tale a long time but seem to get done in a couple of years recently.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat099; Jan 29th 2020 at 11:15 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2020, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
I am going to assume you are quoting from an EB3, they used to tale a long time but seem to get done in a couple of years recently.
Aye, that was pasted of the EB3 criteria, I was basically here to see if there was another way to gain a visa without a degree, as I do have a definitive job offer and the time for me to do a degree would take a couple of years, and it seems this type of visa would be about the same, yet neither of the two are for sure entry. It was naivety
on my part thinking that If I had a job offer and could support myself I could make it over.
Old Jan 29th 2020, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Aye, that was pasted of the EB3 criteria, I was basically here to see if there was another way to gain a visa without a degree, as I do have a definitive job offer and the time for me to do a degree would take a couple of years, and it seems this type of visa would be about the same, yet neither of the two are for sure entry. It was naivety
on my part thinking that If I had a job offer and could support myself I could make it over.
EB3 is an Immigrant Visa, not that common in this sort of case outside Nursing.
Old Jan 29th 2020, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, I will continue to read about this subject I suppose the more I know the less confusing it will become, and I will be able to find my way through the information and hopefully a path that would best suit my employer and myself,
Thank you to everyone once again.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 12:31 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I will continue to read about this subject I suppose the more I know the less confusing it will become, and I will be able to find my way through the information and hopefully a path that would best suit my employer and myself,
Thank you to everyone once again.
Once again, it's not YOU who needs to research the visa. That's up to your employer and his immigration attorney. They will tell you what (if any) visa the job offer and you qualify for.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

steph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond repute

If the company is worth its salt, they will have a qualified immigration attorney lined up
who will know instantly which visa path to follow, which forms are needed, when, where, who, etc.

It might be a minefield to you but you haven’t spent years and years studying and practicing law. It won’t be a minefield to the lawyer. So you do your thing and let the lawyer do his. He is paid to know what to do next.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 7:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again all of you, I am now less sure that I will make it to the US, although I do realize that a degree is going to be required so it seems. thanks once again
Not necessarily. You're not giving people much info to work with, you've been asked above what the job is and also how many years of experience you have doing the job, if you can give people that info (as well as the highest qualification you do have), then they can advise on if you've got any chance of a visa or not.

Did you read the link I gave you in your first post, and do you think you'd be eligible for any of those visas?
Old Jan 30th 2020, 1:04 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is traversing a recurring circular path.

OP, if you could answer a few questions already posed about the job, we could all stop guessing.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=christmasoompa;12798382]Not necessarily. You're not giving people much info to work with, you've been asked above what the job is and also how many years of experience you have doing the job, if you can give people that info (as well as the highest qualification you do have), then they can advise on if you've got any chance of a visa or not.

Did you read the link I gave you in your first post, and do you think you'd be eligible for any of those visas?[/QUO
Hi, I do realise that I am being scarce with some information, I do not mean to be and no there are no prizes for guessing. I was just after some information regarding visas And you all seem to have answered and thank you all for that help. I have also spent the time looking on other threads and It is not an easy process, The lack of a degree does seem to be a hurdle to my progress, but yet not impossible, If you all do not mind, I will ask more if and when I know more information as it is helpful having guidance from people who have experience. Thanks
Old Jan 30th 2020, 6:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... Hi, I do realise that I am being scarce with some information, I do not mean to be and no there are no prizes for guessing. I was just after some information regarding visas And you all seem to have answered and thank you all for that help. I have also spent the time looking on other threads and It is not an easy process, The lack of a degree does seem to be a hurdle to my progress, but yet not impossible, If you all do not mind, I will ask more if and when I know more information as it is helpful having guidance from people who have experience. Thanks
If you'd open up just a little you might be surprised what more ideas we might be able to help you with - there are several esoteric visa options, which might not necessarily require a degree, but at the moment you're just getting very generic answers because you have only given very generic information.

BTW if you edit a quoted post, please be sure not to remove either the [QU0TE] or the [/QU0TE] as they are the start and end tags, marking the start and end of the quote and the posts get all mixed up if you remove any part of them.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
If you'd open up just a little you might be surprised what more ideas we might be able to help you with - there are several esoteric visa options, which might not necessarily require a degree, but at the moment you're just getting very generic answers because you have only given very generic information.

BTW if you edit a quoted post, please be sure not to remove either the [QU0TE] or the [/QU0TE] as they are the start and end tags, marking the start and end of the quote and the posts get all mixed up if you remove any part of them.
Hi, what context are you using esoteric? and if I am understanding correctly these types of visas are accessible
also depending on criteria. I have been working all day and will continue to work on this with the hope of finding some way through.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 10:02 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, what context are you using esoteric? .....
A very specific visa for a narrowly defined set of circumstances.

Seriously, though I am getting bored. If you want help then give us something to work with, if you don't that's fine too, but make your mind up.
Old Jan 30th 2020, 11:11 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, what context are you using esoteric? and if I am understanding correctly these types of visas are accessible
also depending on criteria. I have been working all day and will continue to work on this with the hope of finding some way through.
I really don't understand why you are spending so much time and energy on this, when all you have to do is contact the potential employer and ask "for which visa are you planing to sponsor me?" Then you'll have your answer. And if they don't know, then you just sit back and wait until they DO know.

You play no part in the visa process other than providing information when the immigrating attorney asks for it. And attending the visa interview.

Rene
Old Jan 31st 2020, 11:33 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly because said employer doesn't have a scooby.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.