Advice?

Old Aug 27th 2004, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Marie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really nice
Question Advice?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have friend who is living here in the US waiting for her interview to become a USC. She is told they are trying to push as many people through as possible so they can vote? Her lawyer has told her her interview and test will be taken at the same time and should be 3 questions long? Has anyone been through this recently and knows what im talking about? If so can you tell me what she has to expect when taking this test and interview? Thanks for your help!
Old Aug 27th 2004, 4:58 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice?

Originally Posted by Marie723
I have friend who is living here in the US waiting for her interview to become a USC. She is told they are trying to push as many people through as possible so they can vote? Her lawyer has told her her interview and test will be taken at the same time and should be 3 questions long? Has anyone been through this recently and knows what im talking about? If so can you tell me what she has to expect when taking this test and interview? Thanks for your help!
All the answers are at http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/natz/English.pdf
Old Aug 27th 2004, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Marie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really niceMarie723 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray

For some reason I can't get that open?
Old Aug 27th 2004, 5:38 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

For some reason I can't get that open?
You will need adobe reader to see a pdf file
get it free at http://store.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html
Old Aug 27th 2004, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
You will need adobe reader to see a pdf file
get it free at http://store.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html
I have it, but for some reason it still wont open ugh!!!!!
Old Aug 27th 2004, 5:49 am
Ray

I have it, but for some reason it still wont open ugh!!!!!
Ok.. start here http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

then follow the N400 trail or maybe you adobe is old ..current is version 6
I believe
Old Aug 27th 2004, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
Ok.. start here http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

then follow the N400 trail or maybe you adobe is old ..current is version 6
I believe

I cant seem to find anything that answers my questions. She has already had her fingrprints and is awaiting her interview. She was told, that her interview and test will be at the same time, and only be 3 quesitions. Reason being , the goverment wants to push as many people through as possible so they can get sworn in and be able to vote. I just want to know if there is truth to this and if so, and someone has been through this recently that had to take a 3 question test , what else does she need to know?
Old Aug 27th 2004, 11:58 am
Ray

I cant seem to find anything that answers my questions. She has already had her fingrprints and is awaiting her interview. She was told, that her interview and test will be at the same time, and only be 3 quesitions. Reason being , the goverment wants to push as many people through as possible so they can get sworn in and be able to vote. I just want to know if there is truth to this and if so, and someone has been through this recently that had to take a 3 question test , what else does she need to know?
I though it was more like 6-10 questions..test is usually part of the interview
the questions usually come from the list at the site I gave.. there is a 100 sample questions...Don't believe that bit about rushing people thru one iota..USCIS are only geared for one speed.. Also in some areas the wait between interview and the swearing in ceremony can be months ...
Old Aug 28th 2004, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
I though it was more like 6-10 questions..test is usually part of the interview
the questions usually come from the list at the site I gave.. there is a 100 sample questions...Don't believe that bit about rushing people thru one iota..USCIS are only geared for one speed.. Also in some areas the wait between interview and the swearing in ceremony can be months ...
Well that don't sound good. So you don't think there is any truth to them wanting to push as many thru as possible so they can vote? Not exactly what my friend is going to want to hear, since she has been planning on it. Plans to go back to England after gaining her USC to see her husband that can't come over here (Long Story). She has all those questions on that site and has been studying them. She was told she would have a 3 question test. Maybe her layer don't know what the heck they are talking about. Anyway, thanks for the advice.....
Old Aug 28th 2004, 2:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

What difference does it make how many questions they ask you?

I am assuming that these are not quite at the 'Mastermind' level.

And why would they want to push as many through as they can prior to the election?
Old Aug 28th 2004, 6:50 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
And why would they want to push as many through as they can prior to the election?
Because US Citizens can vote in said election?
Old Aug 28th 2004, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Because US Citizens can vote in said election?
but why would for the example the Republicans want more new Citizens to vote.

If it was a state thing and the Democrats were trying to help themselves, I could see it.

But then there is the Political flak if it got out.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
but why would for the example the Republicans want more new Citizens to vote.

If it was a state thing and the Democrats were trying to help themselves, I could see it.

But then there is the Political flak if it got out.
I understand what you're saying, I'm just telling you what I heard and was wondering if there was any truth to it?
Old Aug 29th 2004, 11:00 pm
Observer

It's just wishful thinking and never going to happen this election year.

"Marie723" <member27888@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    >> but why would for the example the Republicans want more new Citizens
    >> to vote.
    >> If it was a state thing and the Democrats were trying to help themsel-
    >> ves, I could see it.
    >> But then there is the Political flak if it got out.
    > I understand what you're saying, I'm just telling you what I heard and
    > was wondering if there was any truth to it?
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 30th 2004, 12:36 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the examiner. My husband and several others were asked ten questions. Your friend had to have ordered the N-400 form and would have been sent the Citizenship Guide. The civic questions are at the back of guide. If she doesn't have them by now, tell her to get them from her attorney or to go to a public computer, i.e. library and download them or call USCIS and order the guide.

Rete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.