Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Advanced Parole/Travel Document in Newark

Advanced Parole/Travel Document in Newark

Old Nov 21st 2001, 2:18 am
Michael Setrov

Does anybody know what are the rules for receiving advanced parole/travel doc in
Newark during the adjustment of status.

- Do I need to come in person or mail the application?
- On what basis the parole is granted? Can I get it based on business travel? Or it
has to be a family emergincy?
- What docs I need to submit together with the form.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Old Nov 21st 2001, 6:02 am
Shelley

This is from the Newark INS office website
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/fi...rk/aboutus.htm

Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) (first time & renewals): Mail INS Form
I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to the Newark District Office and
appear at your scheduled appointment.

Advance Parole: Filing Instructions: To apply for Advance Parole, please submit INS
Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, in person to USINS Newark District
Office, Room 134, 970 Broad Street, Newark, NJ.
-------------
When my husband applied for his AP - his reason was to visit his daughter and father,
and for business travel. He received a multiple entry AP good for one year. Nearly
everyone who applies for AP receives it.

If you are applying for your EAD and AP after submitting your AOS docs - then you
need to include a copy of your receipt - the little cash register slip - with your
application. I believe you also need to submit photos with the AP application, check
the instructions for how many.

Take Care. Shelley

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 21st 2001, 6:13 am
Martha

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Well, my husband is going through the process from the office in Seattle, but I
assume it´s a similar process... We mailed the advanced parole document in with the
rest of his adjustment of status documents, on recommendation from our lawyer. You
may list any reason you want for travel. We actually made up a trip to take so we
could have the document "just in case". There is a $95 fee I think, and you must also
have 3 pictures. I know this doesn´t answer all your questions, but maybe it can give
you an idea.

Old Nov 21st 2001, 4:01 pm
Shelley

The Newark Office requires you to appear in person to file for AP. Take Care. Shelley

[usenetquote2]> > Does anybody know what are the rules for receiving advanced[/usenetquote2]
parole/travel
[usenetquote2]> > doc in Newark during the adjustment of status.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > - Do I need to come in person or mail the application?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > - On what basis the parole is granted? Can I get it based on business travel? Or[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > it has to be a family emergincy?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > - What docs I need to submit together with the form.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 25th 2001, 5:46 pm
Ha Ha

Please check out this link. http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/howdoi/travdoc.htm

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >