Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Advance Parole - how to answer intended departure date?

Advance Parole - how to answer intended departure date?

Old Nov 28th 2001, 9:05 pm
Lazysusan

I know it's been asked before, but combing through the posts I can't find it now.

If we want to obtain Advance Parole for multiple visits outside the country, the
dates of which we haven't yet decided, do we just pick a date a couple of months down
the road, or say "multiple trips" or what?

Thanks in advance.

Susan

Old Nov 28th 2001, 10:22 pm
Alvena Ferreira

lazysusan wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Just put something mundane like" for emergency use or family vacations in the future"
and that should be ok. Alvena
-----------------------
Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
posted for the purpose of discussion only. Locate an immigration attorney in your
area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Old Nov 29th 2001, 2:52 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Lazy,

'to be determined' worked fine for my wife.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Lazysusan
I know it's been asked before, but combing through the posts I can't find it now.

If we want to obtain Advance Parole for multiple visits outside the country, the
dates of which we haven't yet decided, do we just pick a date a couple of months down

Thanks in advance.

Susan
Old Nov 29th 2001, 3:43 pm
Ian Stilgoe

I went to new orleans to file for ap beginning of November, i put unknown on
departure date and was told I had to put a proper date on, i put a date 30 days from
the filing date and recieved ap 2 weeks later.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 29th 2001, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

smldnabjp is an unknown quantity at this point

when we filed in september my husband was told he had to put a date with in the next 30 days, I don't think they even looked at the reason why he needed to travel,
Old Nov 29th 2001, 11:30 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Susan,

It seems to be unanimous. You need to put whatever the particular individual at the District Office you are dealing with tells you (s)he wants to see.

Good luck, but I'm sure it will work out fine for you.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Lazysusan

Thanks in advance.

Susan