Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Administrative Processing after the interview?

Administrative Processing after the interview?

Old May 2nd 2004, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

BarbSami is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Administrative Processing after the interview?

Can anyone tell me what is this and why it is done after the interview ?
I would have thought it would have been done before the interview. My fiance is from Tunisia . The interview went well but the consular told him they cant give him the visa til the processing is completed. I was told this is security clearance.

Is there anyone else going through the same process as we are and is it known how long this will take?
Old May 2nd 2004, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

lulusmom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Administrative Processing after the interview?

Originally posted by BarbSami
I would have thought it would have been done before the interview. My fiance is from Tunisia . The interview went well but the consular told him they cant give him the visa til the processing is completed. I was told this is security clearance.

Is there anyone else going through the same process as we are and is it known how long this will take?
If it is Administrative PROCESSING, as opposed to Administrative REVIEW, then your wait should ony be between 4 - 6 weeks. It is simply additional security screenings done by the FBI and State Dept to insure that this person does not have any past criminal history.
At least this is my understanding of Administrative Processing, and the length of time was what I experienced with my ex-fiance while going through Morocco.

Wishing you and your fiance a speedy approval.

Peace,
~kristine
Old May 2nd 2004, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

tutor4tavana is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BarbSami

Kristine is correct. It if is admin processing your wait time should not be more than 4-6 weeks. I am a Muslim male and after my interview at Montreal the conoff said that they were requesting admin proc and that it should not take more than 4 weeks. True to his words, the clearance came back in exactly 4 weeks. Good luck.

Tavana
Old May 3rd 2004, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by lulusmom
If it is Administrative PROCESSING, as opposed to Administrative REVIEW, then your wait should ony be between 4 - 6 weeks. It is simply additional security screenings done by the FBI and State Dept to insure that this person does not have any past criminal history.
At least this is my understanding of Administrative Processing, and the length of time was what I experienced with my ex-fiance while going through Morocco.

Wishing you and your fiance a speedy approval.

Peace,
~kristine
Thanks Kristine. This has really been an emotional ride for me and the waiting is cruel and unusually punishment for anyone thats going through the process.

Barbara&Sami
Old May 3rd 2004, 6:24 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by tutor4tavana
Kristine is correct. It if is admin processing your wait time should not be more than 4-6 weeks. I am a Muslim male and after my interview at Montreal the conoff said that they were requesting admin proc and that it should not take more than 4 weeks. True to his words, the clearance came back in exactly 4 weeks. Good luck.

Tavana
Thanks also to you Tavana as Im sure you know the process for the muslim male. You reply is greatly appreciated b/c my nerves at the moment are almost non-existent

Inshallah

Barbara&Sami
Old May 4th 2004, 4:01 am
Slicknurse

this is happening to my husband who is in jamaica as well..had a
wonderful outcome of the interview and kept all our evidence and his
passport and said we will call you.i got a e-mail from the embassy and
she states in her message that its in another dept and out of her
hands,,im lost too..

Old May 4th 2004, 11:54 am
Just Joined

diana_fakkar is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband had his K3 interview on Feb 19 and we just found out his ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING was completed on the 28th of April. We were also told it only takes 3-4 weeks.

I spoke with a very helpful gentleman in Washington DC that explained to me that one security check is done at the embassy. It is at the descretion of the con-off to issue the visa at this point if the first check is clear. Unfortunately, my husband got the con-off with the attitude and she didnt grant any visa's the day we were there and we were there ALL day from 8-3!!! ANYWAY>>>if the con-off has any reason to doubt the applicant ...another security check is done in Washington DC. There are several different ones and there is no sure way to say how long each check will take. I was told that after 60 days the embassy sends an inquiry to see what the hold up is.

I don't know how long it takes for the applicant to get the call from the embassy once the cable is sent for clearance..I am hoping they call this week!!! By the way...it is the Casablanca Morocco embassy.
Old May 5th 2004, 4:35 am
Slicknurse

as i am reading the stories here about this after interview processing
and i find some people who dont have a middle name get nailed as my
husband dont have a middle name and he got nailed and some morrocans
get nailed as well...im wondering what really goes on,,my husband was
asked if he had a middle name and then again if he was sure he didnt
have a middle name ..anyone else have this problem?