Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

In administrative processing for 7 weeks

In administrative processing for 7 weeks

Old Apr 27th 2018, 5:02 am
Just Joined

Lisahart28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In administrative processing for 7 weeks

Dear all,

I am a U.K. citizen who has visited America yearly on holiday since 2011. I went for my E2 spouse visa back on 8th March and was informed visa was approved,

On the 13 th I received an email stating I had been issued a 221g and my case was under administrative processing. I had to provide 15 years travel history, my employment history, passport numbers, names of siblings and addresses.

My husband was approved, but 7 weeks on I am still waiting. I can’t see as to how I landed in administrative processing, I am a science, PE and dance teacher, have only travelled to the US, France or Australia, have no criminal convictions and am a U.K. citizen since birth.

I am so worried and it really affecting me. Has any one been in a similar situation?

Many thanks,
Lisa
Old Apr 27th 2018, 12:46 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In administrative processing for 7 weeks

AP takes as long as it takes, and you cannot find out where you are in the process.

Do you have an Islamic sounding name, or a very common name? It is likely that your name and someone on the watch list probably match and they need to check that you are not that person.

I can’t see as to how I landed in administrative processing, I am a science, PE and dance teacher, have only traveled to the US, France or Australia, have no criminal convictions and am a U.K. citizen since birth.
It could be anything, but most likely a tenuous link to someone as mentioned above.
Old Apr 27th 2018, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

< names snipped >

I understand that it takes a long time, but honestly didn't think I would be flagged up based on the information that I gave them.

I have gone on E2 Spouse Visa so worried that that is the problem. My husband has already gone across to the states without me.

Lisa

Last edited by Noorah101; Apr 27th 2018 at 4:39 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2018, 2:37 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly your name or background has flagged somewhere, especially considering the information that they asked you to provide. All you can do now is wait, unfortunately AP is a black hole that someone don't come out of for years.

Hopefully that won't be the case for you.
Old Apr 27th 2018, 4:00 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lisahart28
I have gone on E2 Spouse Visa so worried that that is the problem.
Simply applying for an E2 spouse visa would not trigger AP. It's likely what others have said...your name closely matches someone on a watch list, and they have to manually verify that isn't you.

I hope it gets sorted out soon for you.

Rene
Old Apr 27th 2018, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Rene, It is so difficult being in the UK without any real knowledge about what is going on.

I just hope that it is done in the 60 days as it says in my original email or that the wait isn't too long. It has been a dream for a long time and I would be heartbroken if it didn't come true.

Lisa