Administrative Processing

Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

agentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Administrative Processing

Originally Posted by kyzar99
I was once stuck with administrative processing for 5 months. I actually got a letter from Connecticut Congressman and they faxed it to the US Embassy. The embassy replied back to him that since it was a matter of national security, the process cannot be speeded up. The congressman's office sent me both the letters for proof. I agree with all the above replies that you cannot do anything to expedite this process.

BTW I had applied for a new O-1 visa at US embassy in london in the first week of July and my case is still in AP.

I wish you all the best.
Five months!?!?!?!? Gahhhh, you're gonna give me a heart attack! Do you mind me asking if there were any extenuating circumstances in your case or whether you were just from a T country or anything? Was that also for an O-1? Thanks for sharing your experience, good luck with the current AP,

Last edited by agentred; Oct 6th 2009 at 7:10 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

kyzar99 is on a distinguished road

Sorry. I didn’t mean to disappoint you. The reason I mentioned this application was that I actually got the congressman letter in the end which practically did not help.

I made this application for J-1 visa in 2002. Since 9/11 was quite recent I think it took much longer at that time. My nationality and name also contributed to this delay. However my subsequent application for renewal of the visa in 2004 only took 4 weeks. I heard from a lot of people that the US visa AP was getting better so they were taking less time. I am not sure why this time my AP is taking so long as I have had AP for 3 times in the last 7 years.

I hope that your AP gets done early. Good Luck!!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

agentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kyzar99
Sorry. I didn’t mean to disappoint you. The reason I mentioned this application was that I actually got the congressman letter in the end which practically did not help.

I made this application for J-1 visa in 2002. Since 9/11 was quite recent I think it took much longer at that time. My nationality and name also contributed to this delay. However my subsequent application for renewal of the visa in 2004 only took 4 weeks. I heard from a lot of people that the US visa AP was getting better so they were taking less time. I am not sure why this time my AP is taking so long as I have had AP for 3 times in the last 7 years.
Don't apologise, your posts have been really helpful! Especially the stuff about the congressman.

Three times in the last 7 years is just ridiculous, and it's a huge waste of resources for the government.

Thanks again, I hope our AP's are over quickly...
Old Oct 7th 2009, 4:48 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agentred
Three times in the last 7 years is just ridiculous, and it's a huge waste of resources for the government.
I know it seems ridiculous to us when we know we haven't done anything shady or to warrant suspicion but I've been thinking about this Afghani guy from Denver who they picked up in NY. As a Permanent Resident, we know he's been through all the checks etc. Maybe even lived a reasonable life in the US, but changed his ways after a trip to Pakistan.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
I know it seems ridiculous to us when we know we haven't done anything shady or to warrant suspicion but I've been thinking about this Afghani guy from Denver who they picked up in NY. As a Permanent Resident, we know he's been through all the checks etc. Maybe even lived a reasonable life in the US, but changed his ways after a trip to Pakistan.
Najibullah Zazi, sure, but doesn't the fact that he did so much right under their noses suggest something's wrong with their current policies?

I'm all for stopping terrorism, and they can shine that searchlight as bright as they want, but at least shine it at the right place! Better database management would cut down AP times drastically and free up resources to catch the real terrorists.

I don't expect anything to change, and I'm just venting, but did every Irish/Northern Irish guy go through the same bull during the IRA bombings? Does every Spanish person face the same tests because of ETA? Discrimination can be a useful tactic, but when used incorrectly becomes a pointless resource hog.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:55 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I know, I know.. not defending how it is, just wondering outloud.

FWIW, I do know of a couple of non-involved N Irish guys who had insanely long name checks. No one would ever say why. As for the Spaniards, well, I'd wager that depending on how their last name is spelled, there have been some delays there too.

With Zazi, what's troubling is the idea that 'we' can control people forevermore. Maybe he changed his mind about a course of action after his grant of PR. Fell in with a bad crowd. Someone blew down his ear. I doubt we'll ever get to know about the motivations of individuals but really, did he do anything that the average person would have been suspicious of? I happen to have a stock of hair bleach of my own downstairs, but it's got a date with my grey roots shortly.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Good news everyone!

I received an e-mail from the London embassy this morning asking me to send in my passport.

But What are the odds that the italicised paragraph below applies - that is, am I just being set up for more AP or will this be the end of it?

Gracias,
AR

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Redacted e-mail below ~~~~~
Dear Agentred,

Please submit your passport as soon as possible.

There is always a possibility that further administrative processing may be required once we receive your passport, and we cannot guarantee visa issuance by any set date.

You must resubmit your passport via the Embassy-appointed courier service, Special Mail Services (SMS).

Your application will take between 10 and 15 workdays to process once it has been received by the Embassy. Once processing is complete, your passport will be handed to SMS. A further one to two days should be allowed for delivery.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

budleigh is just really nicebudleigh is just really nicebudleigh is just really nicebudleigh is just really nicebudleigh is just really nicebudleigh is just really nicebudleigh is just really nicebudleigh is just really nice

Good news everyone!

I received an e-mail from the London embassy this morning asking me to send in my passport.

But What are the odds that the italicised paragraph below applies - that is, am I just being set up for more AP or will this be the end of it?

Gracias,
AR

Dear Agentred,

There is always a possibility that further administrative processing may be required once we receive your passport, and we cannot guarantee visa issuance by any set date.

You must resubmit your passport via the Embassy-appointed courier service, Special Mail Services (SMS).

Your application will take between 10 and 15 workdays to process once it has been received by the Embassy. Once processing is complete, your passport will be handed to SMS. A further one to two days should be allowed for delivery.
Congratulations!! that's really great news.

I think for 99% of people this is the end of administrative processing
(we were the unlucky 1% who had a further wait after we got this email but I am sure that was down to the fact my husband traveled to the US on a visa waver during the administrative processing wait)

Hope you can pick up your plans again very soon
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:29 am

agentred, great news! I agree with budleigh about the extra AP; that usually kicks in if there has been travel since they started the first one.

Fingers crossed for the good news; let us know! (ha ha, like you wouldn't)
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

NYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud ofNYCbound has much to be proud of

Good news everyone!

Gracias,
AR

Dear Agentred,

Have fingers crossed for you that that is the end of it.

Tis good news
Old Nov 6th 2009, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone, I'm really hoping this is it.

Haven't travelled since the interview although I really really want to go to Paris one last time and stuff my face full of macarons and patisserie and omelettes like they don't make anywhere else in the world!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're done !

Visa issued, passport due for delivery tomorrow (not bad considering I sent it last Monday).

To summarise: Interview 28th September, e-mail from embassy Nov 6th, passport sent Nov 9th, passport returned and in my hands Nov 18th.

Thank you all for all your help, I guess this is where the fun really starts...!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 3:43 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're done
WooHoo! Excellent news. Congratuations!

Ian
Old Nov 17th 2009, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! Congratulations!
Old Nov 17th 2009, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

sudha is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations AgentRed... you did itt...... good to see that you go it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.