Old Jun 4th 2003, 4:06 pm
Shrinivas Gopalan

Default this admin review....

i am from chennai india and she is from ok, usa. we got our petiton
approved and i attended the interview and i was put on admin review
and it has been a year!!!! there is no messange nothing. the petition
is sent back to the ins for a review and it has been there for 8
months now and there is nothign happening. can someone throw some
light on this? why is this taking this long...

Old Jun 4th 2003, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: this admin review....

Originally posted by Shrinivas Gopalan

From what I was told from a lawyer, reconsideration of your petition usually takes a long time since its the lowest priority for them. I would contact, if you haven't done already yet, your congress person and/or senator. Have them enquire about your case. Its looks like they should be deciding on your case soon.

Where was your petiton sent back to? If its vermont, they are usually quick.

Hope everything goes well.

amy
Old Jun 5th 2003, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

goya0002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Shrinivas Gopalan
Hello,

Can you please give more details about your case?
Is this a k1 visa process? What were the types of questions you were asked, why do you think they put your guys on review? Are there any red flags about your case that would make the process more difficult for you and make the consulars think twice about granting the visa?

I wish you all the best.
Rohit
Old Jun 5th 2003, 10:04 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by amys
From what I was told from a lawyer, reconsideration of your petition usually takes a long time since its the lowest priority for them.
amy
That is pretty much what I was told by Donna Coultice when she was the Director of the CSC. I asked her about the process when they receive a case sent back to them for reconsideration or revocation, and she said it usually takes them around a year before they can get to it. She did say however that a vast majority of the time, they simply decide that they were correct in approving the petition in the first place so they send it back to the Consulate. She said that sometimes the Consulate will send it back to them "again" for a second look, and in her opinion, whenever that happens, the visa is virtually never issued.

By the way, I believe this is one of those situations where the term “administrative review� is misapplied. When a Consul sends it back to the Service Center to take another look (to see if they would have still approved it in light of new information that came to light at the Consulate), they are sending it back for “reconsideration� or “revocation�, not for administrative review.

M.U.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Jun 5th 2003 at 10:35 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2003, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
That is pretty much what I was told by Donna Coultice when she was the Director of the CSC. I asked her about the process when they receive a case sent back to them for reconsideration or revocation, and she said it usually takes them around a year before they can get to it. She did say however that a vast majority of the time, they simply decide that they were correct in approving the petition in the first place so they send it back to the Consulate. She said that sometimes the Consulate will send it back to them "again" for a second look, and in her opinion, whenever that happens, the visa is virtually never issued.

By the way, I believe this is one of those situations where the term “administrative review� is misapplied. When a Consul sends it back to the Service Center to take another look (to see if they would have still approved it in light of new information that came to light at the Consulate), they are sending it back for “reconsideration� or “revocation�, not for administrative review.

M.U.

Matt,

A question for you. Lets say this happens to a couple wating on a K1 visa; like Sona and I are waiting on one. I would think that if this happens I would just go to India and marry her there and then do DCF; coz its not in me to let them put us through a review for a year for no reason what so ever.

My question is that even possible?

Thanks,
Rohit
Old Jun 6th 2003, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

cdcib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AD REVIEW

hi
guys was wondering.i notice there is two administrative review
& both are for male fiance or husband was wondering do they put ad review for female just curious.cause want to be prepared for all the odds.i'm in the us
thanks
Old Jun 6th 2003, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: AD REVIEW

Originally posted by cdcib
hi
guys was wondering.i notice there is two administrative review
& both are for male fiance or husband was wondering do they put ad review for female just curious.cause want to be prepared for all the odds.i'm in the us
thanks
Hi,

This is only what I've heard a few times; so take it for whats it worth. They tend to be a bit harder on the males in the foreign land than females in the foreign land. But I've heard bad stories for both sexes.

Rohit