Adjustment on F-1

Old May 17th 2004, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

raghav_rules is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adjustment on F-1

Hi,
I came to the U.S in 1999 on a F-1. Now I am in graduate school and recently got married(May2) to a USC. I am trying to file for AOS and am completely lost in the process.....

what are the forms I need to send out since I am already in the U.S? Do I need a lawyer(dont plan on getting one)?

at the moment we are in different states as she has a job and i am still in school. will this hurt us at the time of the interview( i have one year of school left)? should i wait till we move in together to file for AOS?

any help provided will be greatly appreciated...

lost soul in INS
Raghav
Old May 17th 2004, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Adjustment on F-1

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/LPRApplication.htm
these forms + I-130.

It's ok for you to live in different states, since you are going to school. INS will forgive you for it.

Apply for AOS now, especially if you are in Atlanta or other places where processing takes over 2 years. In Oklahoma it takes 4 months.

DOn't forget to file I-130 and I-485 concurrently in your LOCAL office, not service center.