Adjusting a child over 21

Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:15 am
Just Joined

Christine A is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adjusting a child over 21

Ok here goes, I should imagine this post will recieve alot of negative replies and I can understand that.

My daughter is 22 and has been here for just under 3 months,I want to apply to adjust her while she is here. Is that possible and will it cause much trouble down the line. I am a CPR and have had the card for 15 months.

Thank you
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:28 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adjusting a child over 21

Originally Posted by Christine A
Ok here goes, I should imagine this post will recieve alot of negative replies and I can understand that.

My daughter is 22 and has been here for just under 3 months,I want to apply to adjust her while she is here. Is that possible and will it cause much trouble down the line. I am a CPR and have had the card for 15 months.

Thank you
Is she engaged to a U.S. citizen?
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:31 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
A lawful permanent resident may petition for:

A child (unmarried and under 21 years of age)
An unmarried son or daughter ( 21 years of age and older)
A lawful permanent resident may not petition for a married son or daughter.

presuming she is unmarried, here visa number should come up in about 10 years ...
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
Is she engaged to a U.S. citizen?

No she is here on her own from the U.K and does not want to go back.
Will getting an attorney help?

Thanks
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:33 am
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

No she is here on her own from the U.K and does not want to go back.
Will getting an attorney help?

Thanks
An attorney can ask the appropriate questions, and then spell out any options that might be present.

It's the "asking of relevant questions before rendering an opinion" that differs from what usually happens on news groups.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:36 am
Just Joined

An attorney can ask the appropriate questions, and then spell out any options that might be present.

It's the "asking of relevant questions before rendering an opinion" that differs from what usually happens on news groups.

How much is an attorney likely to charge for a consultation?
Old Jan 12th 2006, 3:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
A lawful permanent resident may petition for:

A child (unmarried and under 21 years of age)
An unmarried son or daughter ( 21 years of age and older)
A lawful permanent resident may not petition for a married son or daughter.

presuming she is unmarried, here visa number should come up in about 10 years ...

Ray,so could she still stay while waiting for that number? might sound a pathetic question,sorry
Old Jan 12th 2006, 5:01 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ray,so could she still stay while waiting for that number? might sound a pathetic question,sorry
Have a read here.. it may be quicker to wait until you are a citizen then apply... I cannot see how she can stay until then ... but an hour with an Immigration Attorney may confirm details.. best not to overstay the visa waiver if she is on that though ..

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/child.htm

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_2757.html
Old Jan 12th 2006, 5:08 am
Just Joined

Ray, thanks for the links, I will read through them now. I know she should go back but she wants to be with me and I dont know what else to do. Probably caling an attorney would be the best option as this is confusing me.

Thanks again
Old Jan 12th 2006, 5:28 am
Just Joined

Sorry I did even see this one!!! I see your point. I need an attorney!!! Looking for a local one now.
Thanks
Old Jan 12th 2006, 6:20 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you
Hi:

BTW, for immigration purposes, the term "child" is defined at section 101(b) of the Immigration & Nationality Act is defined as being "unmarried" and "under 21".

My youngest is 22, so I understand referring to her as a "child" is natural but for immigration purposes, calling her a "child" would an oxymoron.

With that in mind, you don't give any facts upon which your question can be answered beyond filing the I-130 for FB-2B classification -- which has a long backlog. But you haven't given any other facts that rule out or would describe other possible ways.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Hi,
Thanks for your reply,yes I agree she is an adult now.
I dont know what other options there may be,she is depressed and crying all the time and I am abit of a wreck at the moment,so I am not thinking clearly.
I have been reading for 5 hours and whilst I thought I had some commonsense,this is way beyond me.
After some sleep,I suppose I will think better.

Thanks

BTW, for immigration purposes, the term "child" is defined at section 101(b) of the Immigration & Nationality Act is defined as being "unmarried" and "under 21".

My youngest is 22, so I understand referring to her as a "child" is natural but for immigration purposes, calling her a "child" would an oxymoron.

With that in mind, you don't give any facts upon which your question can be answered beyond filing the I-130 for FB-2B classification -- which has a long backlog. But you haven't given any other facts that rule out or would describe other possible ways.[/QUOTE]
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:09 am
Ray

Is there an American boyfriend she can't leave behind........
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:22 am
Just Joined

if only.......... I wish there was.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 2:20 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Christine,

Are you sure about that?

Regards, JEff

if only.......... I wish there was.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.