Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Address on current check not same??

Address on current check not same??

Old Jan 27th 2001, 7:45 am
Sandy Gonzalez

I will get married 2/8/01 and will move in with my husband. We will file ASAP after the
wedding and my personal checks will have my old address (parent's house) as my order for
new ones will take a while. Do you think INS will care that the address on my check is
different than my current address as written on the applications? Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sandy

P.S. I'm the petitioning USC.

Old Jan 27th 2001, 1:26 pm
Linda

I don't know for sure, but I doubt the people who process the checks will be cross
checking addresses. In our case, we used a bank certified check (which has only the bank
address) because they're considered same as cash and we thought it might speed things up.
No waiting for a personal check to clear. As it happens we had our receipt in about 10
days and an appointment for EAD in two weeks. (this was in 1998) Linda

Sandy Gonzalez wrote:

> I will get married 2/8/01 and will move in with my husband. We will file ASAP after the
> wedding and my personal checks will have my old address (parent's house) as my order for
> new ones will take a while. Do you think INS will care that the address on my check is
> different than my current address as written on the applications? Thank you.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Sandy
>
> P.S. I'm the petitioning USC.
>
>

Old Jan 29th 2001, 1:43 pm
Andy Platt

It doesn't matter.

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

> I will get married 2/8/01 and will move in with my husband. We will file ASAP after the
> wedding and my personal checks will have my old address (parent's house) as my order for
> new ones will take a while. Do you think INS will care that the address on my check is
> different than my current address as written on the applications? Thank you.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Sandy
>
> P.S. I'm the petitioning USC.
>
>
>