Additional info required...

Old Nov 26th 2002, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Finchd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Additional info required...

Today we received this update on the INS web site, im just curious to what it may be has anyone experienced this, if so what did they want? and how long did it take from here.

On November 26, 2002, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

This is quite worrying because I have been with my fiance for 4 years and we have spent alot of time together, we were previously working for the same company and business trips long and short helped us along the way. I know my fiance provided alot of evidence regarding our relationship

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Dee
Old Nov 26th 2002, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

dfcdfc is an unknown quantity at this point

When is your NOA1 dated?

I believe it will be at least 6 weeks for them to get back to you once they get what they want from your fiancee. Also, in the mail you'll get a description of what's needed and this will help you understand at what stage your application resulted in request for additional evidence...

Hope this helps!

Dmitry
Old Nov 26th 2002, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by dfcdfc
When is your NOA1 dated?

I believe it will be at least 6 weeks for them to get back to you once they get what they want from your fiancee. Also, in the mail you'll get a description of what's needed and this will help you understand at what stage your application resulted in request for additional evidence...

Hope this helps!

Dmitry
Hi There my NOA1 is dated 25th Oct 2002

Dee
Old Nov 26th 2002, 5:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Additional info required...

Dee

No one from this newsgroup can tell you what you will be receiving an RFE for. Getting RFE'd is not unusual and the reasons for the RFE are varied.

You are going to have to wait it out for the letter to be received. Once the RFE material is returned most posters say it only takes two or three weeks for approval.

Rete
Old Nov 26th 2002, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks Rete, I really appreciate your response.

Deex
Old Nov 26th 2002, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

dfcdfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Dee,

The reason I say around 6 weeks because once you send all the additional info, your application will begin the regular processing which now does not take 15-21 days as stated on the receipt.

Rete is right that VSC will check your documents within short period of time and verify that you submitted all the info requested in RFE, and then they'll start there security check which takes now longer then before.

Best of luck!

-Dmitry
VSC
NOA1 - Sept 24
NOA2 - still waiting