Absolute Joke

Old Oct 15th 2003, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Absolute Joke

Like everyone else I called again today and asked if there was any problem with the Missouri Service Center. The answer I receive is no so I proceed to ask then how come there are no new approvals in over 2 weeks. The rep says I wouldn't know that because she wasn't in the Missour Service Center. Okay I say I understand that but how come nobody can find out the status with a simple phone call. The rep tells me that Missouri has no phone number to contact them.

I feel like I am dealing with little kids and you ask why did you do that when you know it's wrong and the kid I replies I don't know. That's how I feel when dealing with these morons. It's an absolute joke.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 2:56 pm

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Absolute Joke

Originally posted by tmushen
I feel like I am dealing with little kids
I felt like that when I filed for AOS. The lady asked me for my I-130, which isn't necessary for K1 AOS, and I told her so. She came back all red-faced and told me I was right. Sad when you have to tell the "experts" (I use that term loosely!!! ) how to do their job.

Kate. xxxxx
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Same old shit when I called a few minutes. There is not one person who has a clue what is going.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

GoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant futureGoodGirl_J has a brilliant future

I can't believe these morons actually have such a great control over our lives.....
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default NVC gripe

Originally posted by GoodGirl_J
I can't believe these morons actually have such a great control over our lives.....
I call NVC once a week, every Friday, to check the status of my petition there. I already know that the FBI has completed their check on Sept. 12, and the results were sent to NVC. I've still been getting the answer "we are waiting for security checks to be completed by government agencies".

Well, the interesting thing is that last Friday, the answer was "we are waiting for additional security checks to be completed by government agencies". I took note of the word "additional" and asked the rep about it. There was a big silence on her end. I said "so, does this mean that normal checks have been done, and now you're doing additional checks?" She stuttered a bit and said "well, I guess I shouldn't have said 'additional'."

Now I'm even more confused. Did she mean to say that or not?? Was she reading something that said 'additional' but she wasn't supposed to tell me? Or did she just say 'additional' on her own without knowing details of my case? Grrrrr....

Just had to vent on that a little! Thanks...

Rene (day 90 at NVC)
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:39 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Like everyone else I called again today and asked if there was any problem with the Missouri Service Center. The answer I receive is no so I proceed to ask then how come there are no new approvals in over 2 weeks.
This is pure speculation on my part, but if there has been a slow down at the MSC (recently renamed the NBC – National Benefits Center) lately, perhaps it has something to do with the fact that they are now being swamped with AOS filings form various offices around the country, for the preliminary work of processing EAD’s and AP’s (and I assume, some file creation and maintenance activities). As more and more District and Suboffices start sending their cases to the NBC, I worry that we will see a drastic slow down in K-3 cases, plus a drastic slow down for EAD’s and AP’s compared to local offices that used to process EAD’s and AP’s very quickly (on the flip side, it might be an improvement for other local offices that took too long to process those two items).

The rep tells me that Missouri has no phone number to contact them.
Yes, this is correct as I was told this very thing by the Director of the NBC (back then, called the MSC) while sitting there in their conference room (at the NBC facility) with a small handful of other AILA attorneys who bothered traveling to the NBC for the first tour ever offered at that brand new facility. This was last fall, and I reported the lack of phones at the facility way back then, right here in this very news group.

So if “I� had to contact the NBC about a problem case, I would simply contact the AILA liaison (assuming I could not first resolve the problem with the NBC on my own) as he “does� have the numbers for various people he needs to contact at the NBC, however as far as the general public, attorneys and even Congressman, they have no phone lines set up to take such calls. The Director said they liked it that way and had no plans to change it. I’d be a little surprised though, if the National Customer Service Center people couldn’t also call to make an inquiry. Oh well, it does not bother me if they can’t call as I doubt I’ll ever need to have “them� do anything for me in any of my cases (thank God for that!).
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: NVC gripe

Originally posted by Noorah101
I call NVC once a week, every Friday, to check the status of my petition there. I already know that the FBI has completed their check on Sept. 12, and the results were sent to NVC. I've still been getting the answer "we are waiting for security checks to be completed by government agencies".

Well, the interesting thing is that last Friday, the answer was "we are waiting for additional security checks to be completed by government agencies". I took note of the word "additional" and asked the rep about it. There was a big silence on her end. I said "so, does this mean that normal checks have been done, and now you're doing additional checks?" She stuttered a bit and said "well, I guess I shouldn't have said 'additional'."

Now I'm even more confused. Did she mean to say that or not?? Was she reading something that said 'additional' but she wasn't supposed to tell me? Or did she just say 'additional' on her own without knowing details of my case? Grrrrr....

Just had to vent on that a little! Thanks...

Rene (day 90 at NVC)
Noorah if I had to guess I would say the person you were talking to didn't have a clue what they were saying! It's a joke that they can't release a progress report especially after the last progress report was wrong with a date of 4/17/03/ They really just don't give a shit about other peeople's lives. Absolute joke.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:49 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Noorah if I had to guess I would say the person you were talking to didn't have a clue what they were saying!
Beg your pardon? That’s a little like the pot calling the kettle black, isn’t it?

It's a joke that they can't release a progress report especially after the last progress report was wrong with a date of 4/17/03/ They really just don't give a shit about other peeople's lives. Absolute joke.
Noorah is talking about the NVC, not NBC. If they are publishing NVC progress reports now, please let me know where I can find them. Thanks.

Last edited by Matthew Udall; Oct 15th 2003 at 9:52 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:51 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Matthew Udall
This is pure speculation on my part, but if there has been a slow down at the MSC (recently renamed the NBC – National Benefits Center) lately, perhaps it has something to do with the fact that they are now being swamped with AOS filings form various offices around the country, for the preliminary work of processing EAD’s and AP’s (and I assume, some file creation and maintenance activities). As more and more District and Suboffices start sending their cases to the NBC, I worry that we will see a drastic slow down in K-3 cases, plus a drastic slow down for EAD’s and AP’s compared to local offices that used to process EAD’s and AP’s very quickly (on the flip side, it might be an improvement for other local offices that took too long to process those two items).

Yes, this is correct as I was told this very thing by the Director of the NBC (back then, called the MSC) while sitting there in their conference room (at the NBC facility) with a small handful of other AILA attorneys who bothered traveling to the NBC for the first tour ever offered at that brand new facility. This was last fall, and I reported the lack of phones at the facility way back then, right here in this very news group.

So if “I� had to contact the NBC about a problem case, I would simply contact the AILA liaison (assuming I could not first resolve the problem with the NBC on my own) as he “does� have the numbers for various people he needs to contact at the NBC, however as far as the general public, attorneys and even Congressman, they have no phone lines set up to take such calls. The Director said they liked it that way and had no plans to change it. I’d be a little surprised though, if the National Customer Service Center people couldn’t also call to make an inquiry. Oh well, it does not bother me if they can’t call as I doubt I’ll ever need to have “them� do anything for me in any of my cases (thank God for that!).

Thanks Matt!! I was trying to remember what it was that had recently changed at the MSC. I knew, from a previous thread, they were taking on the processing of something new (new to them I mean). I couldn't for the life of me remember what is was. So it's the AOS's from other overburdened centers, now Missouri will be the overburdened one. Another poster and I were comparing our receipt #'s and even though our first NOA dates weren't that far off, our numbers were around a million apart.

Leslie
Old Oct 15th 2003, 9:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Beg your pardon? That’s a little like the pot calling the kettle black, isn’t it?

Noorah is talking about the NVC, not NBC. If they are publishing NVC progress reports now, please let me know where I can find them. Thanks.
I don't think the OP caught that I said NVC, not NBC. All these acronyms give me a WMH (whopping major headache!) LOL

Rene (day 90 at NVC)
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:00 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Leslie66
Thanks Matt!! I was trying to remember what it was that had recently changed at the MSC. I knew, from a previous thread, they were taking on the processing of something new (new to them I mean). I couldn't for the life of me remember what is was. So it's the AOS's from other overburdened centers, now Missouri will be the overburdened one.
Well, we’ll just have to wait and see how much of an effect this will have on processing K-3 petitions at the NBC.

The cases now going to the NBC actually are coming form the scads of local District and Suboffices around the U.S. They are apparently starting out with a few offices, than bringing more on board (with this new procedure) as they move around the U.S. in a clock-wise direction (if memory serves me correctly).

Another poster and I were comparing our receipt #'s and even though our first NOA dates weren't that far off, our numbers were around a million apart.

Leslie
Thanks Leslie. That is the sort of detail that I’m interested in. Actually, I think you and the other person should just focus on the last 5 digits of the MSC case number as the other digits indicate something else (like the fiscal year, what day of the fiscal year, that sort of thing). But comparing the last 5 digits might give you a sense of where these two cases are in relation to each other.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:14 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we’ll just have to wait and see how much of an effect this will have on processing K-3 petitions at the NBC.

The cases now going to the NBC actually are coming form the scads of local District and Suboffices around the U.S. They are apparently starting out with a few offices, than bringing more on board (with this new procedure) as they move around the U.S. in a clock-wise direction (if memory serves me correctly).

Thanks Leslie. That is the sort of detail that I’m interested in. Actually, I think you and the other person should just focus on the last 5 digits of the MSC case number as the other digits indicate something else (like the fiscal year, what day of the fiscal year, that sort of thing). But comparing the last 5 digits might give you a sense of where these two cases are in relation to each other.
Excellent information!!! Perhaps you know, does every type of case get assigned numbers the same way? In other words could an AOS at Missouri be just one digit off and 129F, if it was the one processed right after it??

Thanks,

Leslie
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:19 pm
Banned

In other words could an AOS at Missouri be just one digit off and 129F, if it was the one processed right after it??
Leslie
Yes. For example, as a contract worker in Data Entry hits the "enter" key for an I-129f, a case number is generated. If 10 seconds later another worker in Data Entry hits his or her "enter" key for a different type of case, I believe the next case number would be generated that is one digit higher even though it was for a different type of case.

I could be wrong about this, but I don’t think I am.
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:22 pm

Yes. For example, as a contract worker in Data Entry hits the "enter" key for an I-129f, a case number is generated. If 10 seconds later another worker in Data Entry hits his or her "enter" key for a different type of case, I believe the next case number would be generated that is one digit higher even though it was for a different type of case.

I could be wrong about this, but I don’t think I am.
Hi Matt & Leslie

I think that's true, as when I was waiting at CSC, I did a search for other petitions just one digit off mine, working backwards to see how I compared with other 129F's. It actually took quite a while to find another one, I passed by many other kinds of petitions that were progressively one digit less than mine.

So your theory seems correct :-)

Rene (day 90 at NVC)
Old Oct 15th 2003, 10:23 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Leslie,

Try entering the numbers that are 1 digit up and 1 digit down from your own number, and you'll have your answer.

If you have the time, keep going and after 100 or so numbers you'll also have the answer to a question you asked in a different thread - how many kinds of petitions and applications does the MSC/NBC process, in addition to a feel for the relative numbers of each.

Excellent information!!! Perhaps you know, does every type of case get assigned numbers the same way? In other words could an AOS at Missouri be just one digit off and 129F, if it was the one processed right after it??

Thanks,

Leslie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.