About That VWP AOS...Question

Old Nov 18th 2003, 4:39 pm
unDAUNTEd

KissingtheBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default About That VWP AOS...Question

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=191563

Not wanting to hijack the thread by Lovesnow, I will just make reference to it...

Originally posted by Mrtravel
Why didn't you file for adjustment before the overstay or at least with
less than 180 days of overstay?
Originally posted by Hypertweeky
I know of 3 people here that has adjust status from VWP.. but they did it while their "visa" was still valid, I am sure it is a total different story when you attempt to change status from an expired VWP.
I always wonder about these VWP questions, mainly because my DH and I married on one. Not the brightest idea, I realize now. We didn't plan it beforehand and then were married and committed to filing for AOS when we discovered what a sucky thing VWP AOS is.

Anyway, after reading the original post by Lovesnow, I wonder...will we be OK AOS'ing off the VWP? I mean, we married near the end of the 90 day stay and originally submitted the AOS forms to USCIS before the expiry of the 90 days. However, USCIS mailed the forms BACK to us and told us to file in person and the first day we could get down was after the 90 days. (About two weeks after as I recall.)

USCIS tells us his interview is still as much as 6 months away. In your wise opinions, do we have a chance or should I be packing to move elsewhere. We've got a baby now, so if he has to leave so do I.

Let me know what you think as I tend to hyperventilate. *wink*

Thanks,

Ang
Old Nov 18th 2003, 4:48 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About That VWP AOS...Question

Originally posted by KissingtheBrit

Not wanting to hijack the thread by Lovesnow, I will just make reference to it...

I always wonder about these VWP questions, mainly because my DH and I married on one. Not the brightest idea, I realize now. We didn't plan it beforehand and then were married and committed to filing for AOS when we discovered what a sucky thing VWP AOS is.

Anyway, after reading the original post by Lovesnow, I wonder...will we be OK AOS'ing off the VWP? I mean, we married near the end of the 90 day stay and originally submitted the AOS forms to USCIS before the expiry of the 90 days. However, USCIS mailed the forms BACK to us and told us to file in person and the first day we could get down was after the 90 days. (About two weeks after as I recall.)

USCIS tells us his interview is still as much as 6 months away. In your wise opinions, do we have a chance or should I be packing to move elsewhere. We've got a baby now, so if he has to leave so do I.

Thanks,

Ang
Hey there Ang

First of all let me congratulate you for the baby!. Whats her/his name?
I know of a few people that has adjusted status from VWP, maybe they can share their experiences with you. I cant tell you if you have a chance or not sorry, But I wish you all the luck in the world, dont forget to keep us updated ok:
As for AOS'ing off the VWP.. I don´t what to tell you.. Maybe our lawyer friends can help us out with this issue
I am waiting to see pics of the baby...
Old Nov 18th 2003, 5:36 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

Ang
Hey there Ang!!

There is a couple here (Steve and Lisa) who adjusted status from VWP, they might be able to help you.
Here's their website: http://www.britsintheus.com/marriedn...meline-aos.htm
Hope they don't mind me publishing their site here!!

Last edited by Hypertweeky; Nov 18th 2003 at 5:39 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 5:57 pm
unDAUNTEd

KissingtheBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hey there Ang

First of all let me congratulate you for the baby!. Whats her/his name?
I know of a few people that has adjusted status from VWP, maybe they can share their experiences with you. I cant tell you if you have a chance or not sorry, But I wish you all the luck in the world, dont forget to keep us updated ok:
As for AOS'ing off the VWP.. I don´t what to tell you.. Maybe our lawyer friends can help us out with this issue
I am waiting to see pics of the baby...

Thanks Hypertweeky, appreciate the response. I worry so much about all this. I am hoping they will let him adjust. If not, well, maybe we can live in the UK. Guess I will wait and see.

Our baby's name is Kayleigh, KJ for short. These are her newest pics:

http://www.shutterfly.com/os.jsp?i=6...cc5e4bf&open=1

Take care!

Ang
Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Hypertweeky, appreciate the response. I worry so much about all this. I am hoping they will let him adjust. If not, well, maybe we can live in the UK. Guess I will wait and see.

Take care!

Ang

eheehe..The pics were cute. I particularly liked "KJ the thug".. I hope you guys don't have any probs with adjusting his status. But if you have to move to the UK, it's fairly easy. Nothing at all like the process to immigrate here!

Good Luck!
Jamie
Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:05 pm

Take care!

Ang
Awww Ang what a cutie pie!!!, My favorite is the pumpkin one!!, awww she looks so adorable!
Regarding the AOS.. I will keep you in my prayers!!