95 and still a terror threat?

Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:44 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of
Default 95 and still a terror threat?

When are the TSA going to figure it out. We all know that they probably have the job from hell having to check the great unwashed public, but, when is going to occur to them that humiliating children and grannies gets no friends and probably more resentment than help.

Why is it that they cannot get one federally approved healthcare facility in each major city who they can trust to provide a Disabled travel card for people to use who are going to need extra screening for medical conditions. I am sure they can find at least one facility in each area that can verify medical conditions and associated needs of the person and this info be relied upon to stop the apparent outrageous stripping of a 95 yr old cancer patient. Safety first but with a modocum of common sense!

Should there be a fee for it ...yes. I,m positive some Doctors would be willing to be federally scrutinsed for a chance to make money and be a truly trusted source.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 95 and still a terror threat?

Would be cheaper to just do away with the TSA. Too much pork barrel spending seems to be connected to them these days with little return to show for it beyond some new stable doors.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193
When are the TSA going to figure it out. We all know that they probably have the job from hell having to check the great unwashed public, but, when is going to occur to them that humiliating children and grannies gets no friends and probably more resentment than help.

Why is it that they cannot get one federally approved healthcare facility in each major city who they can trust to provide a Disabled travel card for people to use who are going to need extra screening for medical conditions. I am sure they can find at least one facility in each area that can verify medical conditions and associated needs of the person and this info be relied upon to stop the apparent outrageous stripping of a 95 yr old cancer patient. Safety first but with a modocum of common sense!

Should there be a fee for it ...yes. I,m positive some Doctors would be willing to be federally scrutinsed for a chance to make money and be a truly trusted source.
I am sure I will get flamed for this but I really can see both sides of it... terriosts have been known to use children/women etc. So the goverment get a doctor to verify a disability... so some nut job terriost cell get someone 'approved' then send them off on jolly hols with a bomb packed in their pants.

outrageous stripping of a 95
From the news report I heard (on CNN) she was asked to go into the toliets to remove it because it was wet.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:18 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

lyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud oflyonsden1193 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
I am sure I will get flamed for this but I really can see both sides of it... terriosts have been known to use children/women etc. So the goverment get a doctor to verify a disability... so some nut job terriost cell get someone 'approved' then send them off on jolly hols with a bomb packed in their pants.

From the news report I heard (on CNN) she was asked to go into the toliets to remove it because it was wet.

Certainly not going to flame you for it. I can see both sides as well, but at some point common sense has to come into it. As far as the Doctors are concerned, then make it someone else, but at some point you have to trust someone. Remember we are expected to trust them (TSA) to do their job so what is different ? backgound checking a TSA employee or a Doctor... same in my book.

It would not suprise me that there is a lot more to this story but, there must be a better way than humiliating the elderly by strip seaching them.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:31 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Would be cheaper to just do away with the TSA. Too much pork barrel spending seems to be connected to them these days with little return to show for it beyond some new stable doors.
Get rid of them. It's security theatre. They haven't stopped a single incident.
And what's worse is that they're looking to expand their reach with Operation VIPR, targeting bus stations, subways, train stations etc.
They exercise no common sense at all. Instead of profiling, we go through this ridiculous charades. It's bullshit.
It's becoming a tyrannical organization.

Update: they've already started searching private cars and trucks.
http://motherjones.com/mojo/2011/06/...systems-yearly

Last edited by Octang Frye; Jun 27th 2011 at 7:33 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:43 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
And what's worse is that they're looking to expand their reach with Operation VIPR, targeting bus stations, subways, train stations etc.
They exercise no common sense at all. Instead of profiling, we go through this ridiculous charades. It's bullshit.

Update: they've already started searching private cars and trucks.
http://motherjones.com/mojo/2011/06/...systems-yearly
I always think the biggest problem is that you get told that if you are doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to fear. this is always followed up with your loyalty to the state being questioned ... as in you're either for us or against us!

There seems to be fewer people that seem to understand that I for one support all law enforcement ...but... it must have some limitations put on it to protect everyone from abuse of power.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Remember we are expected to trust them (TSA) to do their job so what is different ? backgound checking a TSA employee or a Doctor... same in my book.
There are how many TSA agents in a controlled enviroment, monitored by security cams etc.

Slightly differerent story but somewhat related, I remember watching a show, I think it was Msnbc about children in India being mutilated because lame children begging got more money than homeless children. Another story, an old neighbour in england was a roofer and was on the fiddle, he got told to go for a medical for his disability money, he left the house limping with a walking stick in the morning and was home putting up tiles on the roof opposite in the afternoon. My point? People will and do play the system, terriosts groups could certainly use the doctor things to their advantage.

It would not suprise me that there is a lot more to this story but, there must be a better way than humiliating the elderly by strip seaching them.
From what I have heard she was not stripped searched. She was asked to go into the bathroom and remove the Depends.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

What do you think should be done instead?
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:49 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

There are how many TSA agents in a controlled enviroment, monitored by security cams etc.

Slightly differerent story but somewhat related, I remember watching a show, I think it was Msnbc about children in India being mutilated because lame children begging got more money than homeless children. Another story, an old neighbour in england was a roofer and was on the fiddle, he got told to go for a medical for his disability money, he left the house limping with a walking stick in the morning and was home putting up tiles on the roof opposite in the afternoon. My point? People will and do play the system, terriosts groups could certainly use the doctor things to their advantage.

From what I have heard she was not stripped searched. She was asked to go into the bathroom and remove the Depends.
Give me about $10,000.00 and a wire and legal permission to do it and I bet it would not take too long to find someone who works at an airport who is succeptible. Everybody has a price. Even Govts!! If you don't want doctors then get the TSA to set up their own version of it using their own staff.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Give me about $10,000.00 and a wire and legal permission to do it and I bet it would not take too long to find someone who works at an airport who is succeptible. Everybody has a price. Even Govts!! If you don't want doctors then get the TSA to set up their own version of it using their own staff.
I do not doubt it but everytime I have flown there are numerous TSA people at security so you might want a little more money... you may have to pay off a few
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Put locks on cockpit doors.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:56 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Private contractors. And do away with groping people because it doesn't find anything.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 7:57 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

I do not doubt it but everytime I have flown there are numerous TSA people at security so you might want a little more money... you may have to pay off a few
If there is so many there, then why the hell does it take so long to get thru the line??
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:16 pm
Peace onion

If there is so many there, then why the hell does it take so long to get thru the line??
Because they're not exactly rocket surgeons.

Advertizing on pizza boxes...

Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:21 pm
Daft.. not Stoopid

Because they're not exactly rocket surgeons.

Advertizing on pizza boxes...

http://media.bonnint.net/wtop/18/1887/188749.JPG
I was wondering where they spent my tax money this year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.