90 day visa ?

Old Jul 20th 2008, 11:29 am
Just Joined

neeyt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 90 day visa ?

Hi everyone, im new to this posting stuff so if it's in the wrong place i apologize! . Were thinking of buying a house over in Florida? "but" could anyone tell me how many times a year are you allowed to go ? im going for 3 months at xmas, how long do you have to be out of the states for until you can return, im sure it's not as easy as just crossing the border is it ? any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks from Neeyt
Old Jul 20th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 90 day visa ?

If you are entering on the VWP then 90 days in and 90 days out rule seems to apply. try searching the forum this subject will come up a million times to answer your question more fully.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 12:47 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neeyt
Hi everyone, im new to this posting stuff so if it's in the wrong place i apologize! . Were thinking of buying a house over in Florida? "but" could anyone tell me how many times a year are you allowed to go ? im going for 3 months at xmas, how long do you have to be out of the states for until you can return, im sure it's not as easy as just crossing the border is it ? any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks from Neeyt
There is no 90 day visa
Old Jul 20th 2008, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

ok, did i meen entry permit ? (the time you get allowed into the country for anyway !)
Old Jul 20th 2008, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks mark, im looking back thro the pages now to see if there is anything that might help me.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 1:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

ok, did i meen entry permit ? (the time you get allowed into the country for anyway !)
It a visa waiver you use ..ie.. no visa

Good for a maxumum 90day stay

If you want a 180 day you will need to apply for
B-2 visa ..if you are off a younger working age do not bother
Old Jul 20th 2008, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

The visa waiver program (VWP) allows people from certain programs to enter for 90 days without a visa.

Ray is describing the B-2 visa, which is a multiple entry visa good for 10 years. Generally, at the point of entry a person is granted 180 days for their trip. This is a difficult visa to get, since generally people are expected to just use the VWP instead. However, they understand the logic of retired persons wishing to spend the winter in florida, so older folks have an easier time getting one.

There is no actual rule about how much time to spend out of the US - the general rule of thumb is to spend at least as much time out of the US as you spend in.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks... we will be looking at spending the winter out there, my husband is retired, so it looks like probably this way is the best way to go ! do you have to contact the embassy ? or is there on-line ways to apply? !
Old Jul 20th 2008, 2:07 pm
Ray

Thanks... we will be looking at spending the winter out there, my husband is retired, so it looks like probably this way is the best way to go ! do you have to contact the embassy ? or is there on-line ways to apply? !
You will have to go for interview

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/b2.html

The florida housing market is in turmoil ..
Be careful ....
Old Jul 20th 2008, 2:09 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
You will have to go for interview

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/b2.html

The florida housing market is in turmoil ..
Be careful ....
And what about healthcare...
Old Jul 20th 2008, 2:20 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Elvira
Snowbirds can get that in the uk ...
Old Jul 20th 2008, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

thanks, thats another thing we need to look into. Healthcare ? there is so many things that we need to get info on !! thats why i looked for help on this site.. all your replies have been helpful . thanks
Old Jul 20th 2008, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
They can buy travel insurance in the UK for that I believe.

They'd be repatriated if seriously ill, but that's ok I would think.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 3:02 pm
Ray

thanks, thats another thing we need to look into. Healthcare ? there is so many things that we need to get info on !! thats why i looked for help on this site.. all your replies have been helpful . thanks
lots of retired peopole from the uk ..spend 6 months in
florida every year.. lots near me ...
Old Jul 20th 2008, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

i really dont blame them !!! it's supposed to be summer and it hasn't stopped raining for days. We're coming to Florida 16th Dec staying in Sarasota and Naples untill March, i can't wait i love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.