3 trip extended

Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

lukeharte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3 trip extended

Hi Guys,

I have a quick question I'm going to Tennessee in September as my girlfriend will be studying there for 8 months. I was wondering, if I liked it and decide I wanted to do some traveling around the US would I be able to apply for a B-2 visa while i was in the States?

I am eligible for the waiver program and i will use that to get a feel for traveling before committing to getting a B-2 visa.

Any help is much appreciated.

Luke
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 trip extended

You are eligible to use VWP, you are unlikely to get a B2. Do not apply for one as it will likely impact your future use of the VWP.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 8:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lukeharte
Hi Guys,

I have a quick question I'm going to Tennessee in September as my girlfriend will be studying there for 8 months. I was wondering, if I liked it and decide I wanted to do some traveling around the US would I be able to apply for a B-2 visa while i was in the States?

I am eligible for the waiver program and i will use that to get a feel for traveling before committing to getting a B-2 visa.

Luke
Even if you were eligible you can't apply for it inside the US. I'm pretty sure you have to apply in the country you are resident in.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 9:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Luke
As others have said, if you are eligible to use the VWP, it is unlikely you will be granted a B-2. If you apply and are refused a B-2, you will have to re-do your ESTA and declare the visa denial, which could result in ESTA denial as well, preventing you from using the VWP for a while.

It's best to just go for the VWP visit. You could try visiting for 85 days, then come back to your home country for 3 months, then visiting for 65 days at the end of her 8-month stay.

You would not be able to apply for a visa from within the USA, no.

Rene
Old Jun 28th 2011, 9:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a quick question I'm going to Tennessee in September as my girlfriend will be studying there for 8 months.
Is your girlfriend a US citizen?

Rene
Old Jun 28th 2011, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

lukeharte is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies guys much appreciated.

My girlfriend is Swedish and going over on a student exchange from a Scottish university.

I think my only option will just be to visit.
Old Jun 28th 2011, 9:51 pm

Thanks for the replies guys much appreciated.

My girlfriend is Swedish and going over on a student exchange from a Scottish university.

I think my only option will just be to visit.
I was going to say, if you and your girlfriend (since she's not a USC) have been living together, and can prove it, you can try for a cohabitating partner B-2 visa.

But you are probably MUCH better off just visiting on the VWP.

Rene