OF-230 part II questions

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 3:06 pm
Wim Rumping

I would like to thank Klaas & Eileen for their help and information. But, on their website
I found the OF-230 part II form. Since I haven't received this form just yet (I think I'll
get it when I get my interview in Amsterdam), it was new to me.

Looking at the questions, there are a few things that aren't clear to me:

Question 28: Name and address of sponsering person and employer. - Do I put in the name of
my wife (sponsering with the I-864) or of her parents ? (since they co-sponsor). I do have
a job offer, but since that is 4 hours away from my final destination I won't be taking
it. So currently there is no employer. Or should I put the address of my wife's employer?

Question 32: Do you have a ticket to final destination? (yes/no). - Do they mean is my
port of entry will be my final destination as far as flying goes? Or if I have a flight to
catch once I get to the port of entry? (I'll be flying to Minneapolis, most likely, and
from there on to Cedar Rapids).

Question 38: Were you assisted in completing this application? (yes/no, if yes give
name/address/relationship) - I'm assuming no here. Since I doubt they'd want me to put in
"usenet" and everyone whose mail, posts and websites proved useful to me.

I'm also not sure on military records. I never did enter military service since I managed
to get out from under it at the time. Should I try and find the excuse letter I got from
the military, or will my claim of not having been in the military suffice?

Thanks in advance,

Wim Rumping

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 3:32 pm
Alvena Ferreira

Wim Rumping wrote:
> Question 28: Name and address of sponsering person and employer. - Do I put in the name
> of my wife (sponsering with the I-864) or of her parents ? (since they co-sponsor). I do
> have a job offer, but since that is 4 hours away from my final destination I won't be
> taking it. So currently there is no employer. Or should I put the address of my wife's
> employer?
>
Put wife and co-sponsor's names both in the blank for sponsor, and write "none" in
employer sponsor blank.

> Question 32: Do you have a ticket to final destination? (yes/no). - Do they mean is my
> port of entry will be my final destination as far as flying goes? Or if I have a flight
> to catch once I get to the port of entry? (I'll be flying to Minneapolis, most likely,
> and from there on to Cedar Rapids).
>
Put no if you have not bought your ticket yet.

> Question 38: Were you assisted in completing this application? (yes/no, if yes give
> name/address/relationship) - I'm assuming no here. Since I doubt they'd want me to put
> in "usenet" and everyone whose mail, posts and websites proved useful to me.
>
Put no.

> I'm also not sure on military records. I never did enter military service since I
> managed to get out from under it at the time. Should I try and find the excuse letter I
> got from the military, or will my claim of not having been in the military suffice?
>
I'd be digging out that excuse letter, this could be a problem. You are going to
need that one.

alvena marriage visa pages at: http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 3:45 pm
callie-girl

Wim, I can't answer for the other questions, but Alvena's response to you about the
military letter is absolutely on the money (at least for the Embassy in Sweden, as of 11
January 2001). JT, also, did not have military service, but he did get a letter from the
office there stating that his service was not required at the time he was of age, and is
no longer required at this time. Signed, stamped and dated.

calliegirl

Wim Rumping wrote
> I'm also not sure on military records. I never did enter
military service
> since I managed to get out from under it at the time.
Should I try and find
> the excuse letter I got from the military, or will my
claim of not having
> been in the military suffice?
>
Alvena wrote:
>I'd be digging out that excuse letter, this could be a
problem. You are
>going to need that one.

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 5:14 pm
webmaster

Hi Wim

Your question numbers did not mach our's so I have checked the version (you used version
1991.) I uploaded the 1998 forms a few minutes ago. sorry for the inconvenience.

btw. we did not received this as part of package 3 and assume it needs to be filled at the
interview. We used the forms from http://www.formshome.com/ registration cost $5 for a
lifetime. Advantage is you can file them online and save the information that was a great
help. Notice the forms on our homepage have no logo at the upper left corner so please do
not use them as official papers or bring them to the consulate.

We like to help and give back the effort this group did for our process.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------
Our webpage www.usadutch.com (DCF Amsterdam)

Klaas (NL) & Eileen (US)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------

> I would like to thank Klaas & Eileen for their help and information. But,
on
> their website I found the OF-230 part II form. Since I haven't received
this
> form just yet (I think I'll get it when I get my interview in Amsterdam),
it
> was new to me.
>
> Looking at the questions, there are a few things that aren't clear to me:
>
> Question 28: Name and address of sponsering person and employer. - Do I
put
> in the name of my wife (sponsering with the I-864) or of her parents ? (since they
> co-sponsor). I do have a job offer, but since that is 4 hours away from my final
> destination I won't be taking it. So currently there is no employer. Or should I put the
> address of my wife's employer?
>
> Question 32: Do you have a ticket to final destination? (yes/no). - Do
they
> mean is my port of entry will be my final destination as far as flying
goes?
> Or if I have a flight to catch once I get to the port of entry? (I'll be flying to
> Minneapolis, most likely, and from there on to Cedar Rapids).
>
> Question 38: Were you assisted in completing this application? (yes/no, if yes give
> name/address/relationship) - I'm assuming no here. Since I doubt they'd want me to put
> in "usenet" and everyone whose mail, posts and websites proved useful to me.
>
> I'm also not sure on military records. I never did enter military service since I
> managed to get out from under it at the time. Should I try and
find
> the excuse letter I got from the military, or will my claim of not having been in the
> military suffice?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Wim Rumping
>
>

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 5:16 pm
Kristin

Wim,

My husband just received a letter with an official looking seal stating that Jeroen was
never required to enter the military from the person "in charge" about his military
status. He couldn't find his "excuse letter" either. So, if you need the correct address
of the person to write to I'm sure I can get that info for you, just let me know. We were
sent to about 4 different people on the phone before we got the right info.

Good luck! (Veel succes)

Kristin

> managed to get out from under it at the time. Should I try and
find
> the excuse letter I got from the military, or will my claim of not having been in the
> military suffice?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Wim Rumping
>
>
>

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 7:43 pm
Wim Rumping

Hi Klaas & Eileen,

Thank you for the new version. The newer form makes things a lot easier and I don't
foresee any problems filling it out when I get it at the consulate.

Regards,

Wim Rumping, who's going to go through his stuff in order to find that letter from the
military...