221g option 1 -- Waiting...

Old Oct 28th 2009, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

sudha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 221g option 1 -- Waiting...

I got a 221g from London the option 1 was selected, where they requested couple of documents about the company, Passport and new DS156.

I submitted the documents on 22nd of September... now its more than a month. On the 221g form it said it will take around 15-20 business days to get the reply.
On the website about the AP they say 90 days... now I dont know what to do at this point.

Are there any one out there who waited before on 221g this long with the passport submitted to the embassy?

Any suggestions....
Old Oct 28th 2009, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 221g option 1 -- Waiting...

Originally Posted by sudha
I dont know what to do at this point.
Your are in administrative processing... you do nothing... you wait.

Ian
Old Oct 28th 2009, 1:11 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

I got a 221g from London the option 1 was selected, where they requested couple of documents about the company, Passport and new DS156.

I submitted the documents on 22nd of September... now its more than a month. On the 221g form it said it will take around 15-20 business days to get the reply.
On the website about the AP they say 90 days... now I dont know what to do at this point.

Are there any one out there who waited before on 221g this long with the passport submitted to the embassy?

Any suggestions....
Hi there, we waited nearly 8 weeks back in 2005 for the same thing. You basically disappear into a black hole and there is not much you can do about it other that wait as ian-mstm has said. It's painful and frustrating, but that's just the way it is
Old Oct 28th 2009, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ukintexas
Hi there, we waited nearly 8 weeks back in 2005 for the same thing. You basically disappear into a black hole and there is not much you can do about it other that wait as ian-mstm has said. It's painful and frustrating, but that's just the way it is
Good to know that it is not uncommon, for the embassy to wait this long (when passport is submitted). Hoping for the system to take care of itself and push some good news this side...

Thanks for sharing...
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

agentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to behold

*phew* the first time I read that I thought you said 8 months!!

At least they have your passport sudha, that's got to be a good sign.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:15 pm
Searching for contentment

ukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond reputeukintexas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agentred
*phew* the first time I read that I thought you said 8 months!!.
It bloody well felt like 8 months at the time!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by agentred
*phew* the first time I read that I thought you said 8 months!!

At least they have your passport sudha, that's got to be a good sign.
Hope so, but as they say "it aint over until the fat lady sings..", so until you get the Passport back with the crisp MRV in it...

It bloody well felt like 8 months at the time!!!!!!!!!
I started counting days in the begining,... now I am counting weeks, hope it wont go to a stage where I have to count months...
Old Oct 28th 2009, 3:17 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Any suggestions....
Hi:

They asked for the PP -- good sign. The form gives a time ESTIMATE. You yourself wrote "around" 15-20 BUSINESS days. It is not that much over 20 BUSINESS days now and there was a Federal holiday in the interim.
Old Oct 28th 2009, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

They asked for the PP -- good sign. The form gives a time ESTIMATE. You yourself wrote "around" 15-20 BUSINESS days. It is not that much over 20 BUSINESS days now and there was a Federal holiday in the interim.
Yes, you are right its been 25 business days considering the holiday to date... not too bad. I shall wait my turn .... thanks Folinskyinla
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

Since its going to be 2 months from the date I submitted the documents, I couldnt take it anymore and called the Operator assisted line....

The lady on the phone said, if I have submitted the passport, it should have taken only 15 days. And she didnt have much to let me know about my case. I was asked to email the embassy to enquire about my status....

Its been two days.. (working days), no reply yet but hopefull will hear from the embassy soon.

The weirdest part was, I was almost given visa no interview direct finger prints (window 18)(15 seconds later called back ) and said, i need to see a consular... and the wait started.....
Old Dec 7th 2009, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Default Anything else...

Its been so long since I have been in this processing, and my passport is also stuck with the embassy. I am just wondering if therey is anything else other than waiting that I can do.

Will it be wise to request the embassy to return the passport and take their time to process my application. I want to travel some during the christmas time and it looks highly unlikely that I will get any result back by then.

Anybody gone through similar painful process.....
Old Dec 7th 2009, 2:49 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anything else...

Its been so long since I have been in this processing, and my passport is also stuck with the embassy. I am just wondering if therey is anything else other than waiting that I can do.

Will it be wise to request the embassy to return the passport and take their time to process my application. I want to travel some during the christmas time and it looks highly unlikely that I will get any result back by then.

Anybody gone through similar painful process.....
If you are on Administrative Processing (AP), there is no way of knowing how long it will take for it to clear.

In the meantime, you shouldn't travel overseas, because you'll have to let the embassy know about it, and they'll have to re-check everything again.

Just stay put for now, and hopefully AP won't take too much longer.

Rene
Old Dec 8th 2009, 1:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Not to worry you ..but the longest wait I can remember on her was a russsian guy who waited 2 years ..and then it just arrived in the mail ... of course the job had long gone away
Old Dec 8th 2009, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
Not to worry you ..but the longest wait I can remember on her was a russsian guy who waited 2 years ..and then it just arrived in the mail ... of course the job had long gone away
that would be hard..... I hope it will be little quicker for me.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

agentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to beholdagentred is a splendid one to behold

Really sad to hear you're still having trouble Sudha.

I hope it passes quickly, nothing I can say will help but try to keep your mind off it, focus instead on enjoying your last English winter - You'll miss it when you're gone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.