221 (g) intent to marry

Old Oct 14th 2011, 3:26 pm
j79
Just Joined

j79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 221 (g) intent to marry

hi, i had my interview for a k1 visa on october 4th 2011 and am extremely concerned. what appeared to be missing was my fiancee's intent to marry statement and was told by the american consular to notify my fiancee to send them the statement which was presented to me on the blue sheet. i was then told to contact the courier service to collect my passport. is this a regular occurance and am i worrying over nothing?

my fiancee sent her statement on special delivery and should reach the embassy by the 6th or 7th of october. the same time as my passport, blue sheet and cover letter had reached them.

i've looked everywhere to find a similar predicement and ditto
Old Oct 14th 2011, 3:43 pm
j79
Just Joined

Default Re: 221 (g) intent to marry

i just dont want me and my fiancee to be given the impression that thats all they need and then the wheels are in motion, then find out that it's still not good enough.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 4:15 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j79
hi, i had my interview for a k1 visa on october 4th 2011 and am extremely concerned. what appeared to be missing was my fiancee's intent to marry statement and was told by the american consular to notify my fiancee to send them the statement which was presented to me on the blue sheet. i was then told to contact the courier service to collect my passport. is this a regular occurance and am i worrying over nothing?

my fiancee sent her statement on special delivery and should reach the embassy by the 6th or 7th of october. the same time as my passport, blue sheet and cover letter had reached them.

i've looked everywhere to find a similar predicement and ditto
Originally Posted by j79
i just dont want me and my fiancee to be given the impression that thats all they need and then the wheels are in motion, then find out that it's still not good enough.
If your K-1 interview happened more than 4 months after the I-129F approval, sometimes the ConOff wants to see updated letters of intent. Usually, on this forum, we advise people to bring updated ones to the interview, just in case the ConOff asks for them. I'd say it's fairly common to be asked for updated letters of intent, yes, so nothing to worry about.

Sounds like you're doing what you need to do, although I would have made SURE the letter of intent reached the embassy, and maybe even waited several more days, before sending in my passport. Now, if they receive your passport before the letter of intent, they might not know to match it up...but hopefully it will all work out.

If there is anything else the ConOff needs, they will let you know....but if that's all she asked for, that's probably all she needs.

Rene
Old Oct 14th 2011, 4:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j79
my fiancee sent her statement on special delivery and should reach the embassy by the 6th or 7th of october.
I think you mean 6th or 7th of November? October 6/7 is already passed.

That said, if you mean November, "special delivery" still takes 3 weeks? I would have thought she could send it via some kind of overnight courier....

Or maybe you meant October 16 or 17? The 16th is a Sunday, so I doubt it will arrive on that date.

Rene
Old Oct 14th 2011, 4:29 pm
j79
Just Joined

hi Rene.

it was after my interview on the 4th oct that i let my fiancee know and your right, it was an overnight courier. this was last week. she had sent it on the 4th and i sent my passport on the 6th oct on the quickiest way the courier service could provide. so i know my passport is there. i was just wondering if this is normal. but you have really put me at ease cos i couldnt find out anything apart from it will take 5 to 7 working days or 7 to 10 days. then i wondered if that is ok after that. i know my fiancee and myself are not alone

thank you Rene
Old Oct 14th 2011, 4:34 pm
j79
Just Joined

also when i sent my passport and blue sheet, i also typed a cover note stating when my fiancee sent her statement and that it will be with them very very shortly, unless it has already arrived. to keep them in the picture
Old Oct 14th 2011, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by j79
hi Rene.

it was after my interview on the 4th oct that i let my fiancee know and your right, it was an overnight courier. this was last week. she had sent it on the 4th and i sent my passport on the 6th oct on the quickiest way the courier service could provide. so i know my passport is there. i was just wondering if this is normal. but you have really put me at ease cos i couldnt find out anything apart from it will take 5 to 7 working days or 7 to 10 days. then i wondered if that is ok after that. i know my fiancee and myself are not alone

thank you Rene
I see, thanks for clearing up the dates. So supposedly everything was at the consulate by October 6. Keep in mind that although the statement and your passport were received at the consulate by October 6, they still have to get onto the ConOff's desk, and she still have to take some time to get to that pile of information, and take some time to look over the statement, then she can approve the visa. From THAT point, it should take a week or so to get your passport back via courier.

So that in-between part where it's getting onto her desk and she's finding time to review it....could be a few weeks....don't panic.

Rene
Old Oct 14th 2011, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Moxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond reputeMoxie has a reputation beyond repute

Just curious, what was the date that the I-129 petition was approved by USCIS? What was the date when you sent the visa applicaion forms to London?
Old Oct 14th 2011, 11:29 pm
j79
Just Joined

june 20th was when the petition was approved. i sent off my applications on aug 1st cos i was waiting for my police certificate to return
Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:09 pm
j79
Just Joined

yeah, i'm now getting the feeling that our waiting is going to be fruitless.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by j79
yeah, i'm now getting the feeling that our waiting is going to be fruitless.
Why? Do you think you'll be denied for some reason?

Rene
Old Oct 16th 2011, 12:50 am
j79
Just Joined

well for something so straight forward as one document missing, i am thinking one minute that everything will be fine, just need to wait. then the next minute i am worried about my fiancee and that i have to give her even more bad news. dont get me wrong, it's bad news for me too. but for everyone who has been through this....you never know whats around the corner.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 1:13 am
j79
Just Joined

it just feels vague to me. i suppose it's cos i took everything from love letters, phone bills, photos etc and they didnt ask for any of them. i'm waiting for them to tell me that they need them in a few months time and on it goes....
Old Oct 16th 2011, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by j79
it just feels vague to me. i suppose it's cos i took everything from love letters, phone bills, photos etc and they didnt ask for any of them. i'm waiting for them to tell me that they need them in a few months time and on it goes....
It's typical not to ask for those things at the K-1 interview, they already saw those things if she included them with the I-129F.

It IS typical for them to ask for updated letters of intent, so I wouldn't worry too much. The fact that they also asked you to send in your passport is a good sign, it means they intend to award the visa.

Rene
Old Oct 16th 2011, 1:26 am
j79
Just Joined

now that you say that, you are absolutely right.

although i am expecting my family to contact the embassy and say hurry up and take him, he is doing our heads in lol

thank you Rene

just worried that i am about to miss another christmas away from my beloved. not to mention new year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.