21 Year Old Student

Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:24 am
Just Joined

Prometheus123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 21 Year Old Student

Hey guys,

I am obsessed with America. I am completely and utterly in love with it.

I was born in Liverpool, England in 1985 and when I was 9 years old my Dad moved the family to Florida on a work visa I think. I spent the next 3 years in American schools and by the pool and had a great time. Then my Dad moved the family back to England and we have been here ever since (I am now 21 years old). I am now studying Economics at Lancaster University and graduate in June. Since being at University, I have only dated American girls because I like them so much.

I absolutely long to go back to America. I miss it so much. I went to New York for a week a couple of years ago with an American friend and it was the best week of my life. My question to you guys is what is the best way for me to go to live and work in America?

I have thought of several ways:

1. Marry an American. As I said I have dated quite a few American girls but none of them have ever got to the marriage stage. I do not want to make a girl think that I am in love with her when really all I want is a green card. I have also thought of simply asking American friends in an honest way, ie the marriage would be purely a favour from a friend in order to get me in, and I am currently in the process of talking with a friend about it. Obviously lol, I cannot rely on this I don’t think. Or do you guys know anyone who has got a green card by marriage as a favour from a friend?

Point 1b – Go to America on the visa waiver specifically looking to meet American girls to seduce, fall in love with me, etc. This option involves actually making them think that you love them, and I would rather not do it. Or like the previous option I could honestly explain to them and present it as them doing me a favour if they like me as a friend enough.

2. There is an internship exchange program in New York for UK graduates, I think on a J-1 visa, so it lasts for one year. If I get it, while I am in New York I could look for permanent jobs on a work visa. At that point I will have had 1year and 3 months work experience. Is this enough to get a job in America on a work visa? What are the chances of success?

3. Point three is the same as point two, except without the internship. Ie, try to find a job in America straight after graduation, perhaps by flying there on the visa waiver program. I’d only have 3 months of work experience though. If I were to do this how much do you think it would cost to fly there and rent somewhere to live while I looked for a job? Again, is this even possible?

4. Illegally Immigrate. This is an easy option – i.e. buy a return ticket and don’t leave. What are the chances of getting caught? As far as I know, very little. For example a Texan told me that you can get a drivers license without a social security number for example. I think I would be restricted to the jobs I could get without a soc security number, but I’ve also heard you can get a fake social security number very easily, or even a fake green card. Is this possible?

5. Get a good graduate job here in the UK (should be quite easy if I get a 2:1 degree and I should), in an international company like Ernst and Young, and then look for opportunities to work in America within the company. This sounds like the most common sense approach to me, but the huge downside is that this might take 2 years + to achieve. I would much rather start straight in America with a decent company, although I realise this may be completely unrealistic. Another downside with this point is the risk of me falling into a routine here in England, ie with a really good job and maybe wife by that time. I would hate to forget about this ambition just because I became so comfortable and was not interested in making the move anymore.

6. Get a masters degree from an American university. Look for job while there. If I were to do this I would make sure it was from a crappyier university because I cannot afford expensive American education right now and also because I do not want to do any more serious studying, my main goal being to get to America.

To be honest I am really hoping that some of you guys come back to me with how your friend easily got into America illegally, bought a fake green card etc, and now is living happily ever after. I have a feeling however that you are gonna say that at my age and level of experience it will take me a good few years before I am in America. I guess my quickest and most common sense chance is the NYC internship, and then try to find a job while there. But if anyone does have any illegal stories please private message me them or post them.

Getting to America is my number one ambition right now and it’s all I think about. Whatever happens I will definitely be in America within the next 5 years. 5 years is a really long time and I hope to God that I get there sooner. Any help whatsoever you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated. Sorry if I come across like a nutcase btw, but yes I probably am, because I am willing to lie, cheat, and steal in order to get into America!

Cheers,

Paul
Old Dec 12th 2006, 4:12 am
Db

Default Re: 21 Year Old Student

"Prometheus123" <member58730@british_expats.com> wrote in

> appreciated. Sorry if I come across like a nutcase btw, but yes I
    > probably am, because I am willing to lie, cheat, and steal in order to
    > get into America!

So is the rest of earth's population!

Don't have any clue why you are in such a hurry to get to this dump, it
ain't all that great?

Old Dec 12th 2006, 4:28 am
Tai Fu

You're better off trying to immigrate to Canada which is the next best
thing. It is a lot like America in some ways... and with a Canadian passport
it will be easy to visit America. Since Canada is about the emptiest country
in the world they need immigrants...

America has bassically been finding ways to deny anyone immigration, even if
your father is an American citizen and you married an American. Especially
post 9/11.

--
TAI FU

Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:08 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Prometheus123
Sorry if I come across like a nutcase btw, but yes I probably am, because I am willing to lie, cheat, and steal in order to get into America!
Cheats and liars get very little help here ............
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:26 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Or do you guys know anyone who has got a green card by marriage as a favour from a friend?
l
Gerard Depardieu?
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:26 am
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys,

I am obsessed with America. I am completely and utterly in love with it.
Sorry if I come across like a nutcase btw, but yes I probably am, because I am willing to lie, cheat, and steal in order to get into America!

Cheers,

Paul

Is it 1 April already?
Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:40 am
Nameless

Your post is too long for me to finsih but I got it far enough to say
this. I admire your honesty of the options you thought of. I'd say
what's wrong with asking a friend to do you a favor if there is anyone
close enough for you to ask? Yeah, if I sound encouragign to do fraud,
thta's because I am pissed off with the whole immigration system of
US.

Prometheus123 wrote:
    > Hey guys,
    > I am obsessed with America. I am completely and utterly in love with it.
    > I was born in Liverpool, England in 1985 and when I was 9 years old my
    > Dad moved the family to Florida on a work visa I think. I spent the next
    > 3 years in American schools and by the pool and had a great time. Then
    > my Dad moved the family back to England and we have been here ever since
    > (I am now 21 years old). I am now studying Economics at Lancaster
    > University and graduate in June. Since being at University, I have only
    > dated American girls because I like them so much.
    > I absolutely long to go back to America. I miss it so much. I went to
    > New York for a week a couple of years ago with an American friend and it
    > was the best week of my life. My question to you guys is what is the
    > best way for me to go to live and work in America?
    > I have thought of several ways:
    > 1. Marry an American. As I said I have dated quite a few American
    > girls but none of them have ever got to the marriage stage. I do
    > not want to make a girl think that I am in love with her when
    > really all I want is a green card. I have also thought of simply
    > asking American friends in an honest way, ie the marriage would
    > be purely a favour from a friend in order to get me in, and I am
    > currently in the process of talking with a friend about it.
    > Obviously lol, I cannot rely on this I don't think. Or do you
    > guys know anyone who has got a green card by marriage as a
    > favour from a friend?
    > Point 1b - Go to America on the visa waiver specifically looking to
    > meet American girls to seduce, fall in love with me, etc. This option
    > involves actually making them think that you love them, and I would
    > rather not do it. Or like the previous option I could honestly explain
    > to them and present it as them doing me a favour if they like me as a
    > friend enough.
    > 2. There is an internship exchange program in New York for UK
    > graduates, I think on a J-1 visa, so it lasts for one year. If I
    > get it, while I am in New York I could look for permanent jobs
    > on a work visa. At that point I will have had 1year and 3 months
    > work experience. Is this enough to get a job in America on a
    > work visa? What are the chances of success?
    > 3. Point three is the same as point two, except without the
    > internship. Ie, try to find a job in America straight after
    > graduation, perhaps by flying there on the visa waiver program.
    > I'd only have 3 months of work experience though. If I were to
    > do this how much do you think it would cost to fly there and
    > rent somewhere to live while I looked for a job? Again, is this
    > even possible?
    > 4. Illegally Immigrate. This is an easy option - i.e. buy a
    > return ticket and don't leave. What are the chances of getting
    > caught? As far as I know, very little. For example a Texan told
    > me that you can get a drivers license without a social security
    > number for example. I think I would be restricted to the jobs I
    > could get without a soc security number, but I've also heard
    > you can get a fake social security number very easily, or even a
    > fake green card. Is this possible?
    > 5. Get a good graduate job here in the UK (should be quite easy if
    > I get a 2:1 degree and I should), in an international company like Ernst
    > and Young, and then look for opportunities to work in America within the
    > company. This sounds like the most common sense approach to me, but the
    > huge downside is that this might take 2 years + to achieve. I would much
    > rather start straight in America with a decent company, although I
    > realise this may be completely unrealistic. Another downside with this
    > point is the risk of me falling into a routine here in England, ie with
    > a really good job and maybe wife by that time. I would hate to forget
    > about this ambition just because I became so comfortable and was not
    > interested in making the move anymore.
    > 5. Get a masters degree from an American university. Look for
    > job while there. If I were to do this I would make sure it
    > was from a crappyier university because I cannot afford
    > expensive American education right now and also because I do
    > not want to do any more serious studying, my main goal being
    > to get to America.
    > To be honest I am really hoping that some of you guys come back to me
    > with how your friend easily got into America illegally, bought a fake
    > green card etc, and now is living happily ever after. I have a feeling
    > however that you are gonna say that at my age and level of experience it
    > will take me a good few years before I am in America. I guess my
    > quickest and most common sense chance is the NYC internship, and then
    > try to find a job while there. But if anyone does have any illegal
    > stories please private message me them or post them.
    > Getting to America is my number one ambition right now and it's all I
    > think about. Whatever happens I will definitely be in America within the
    > next 5 years. 5 years is a really long time and I hope to God that I get
    > there sooner. Any help whatsoever you guys can give me will be greatly
    > appreciated. Sorry if I come across like a nutcase btw, but yes I
    > probably am, because I am willing to lie, cheat, and steal in order to
    > get into America!
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Paul
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Dec 12th 2006, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Getting to America is my number one ambition right now and it’s all I think about.
If this is true, you have far bigger problems than just immigration.

Actually, you come across like an asshole and an idiot. Only a complete idiot would openly confirm his intent to "lie, cheat, and steal in order to get into America" when it is well rumored that USCIS officials regularly monitor this newsgroup. Perhaps you were hoping to hide behind the anonymity of the Internet... well, I've got bad news for you!

You seem like nothing more than an immature child with delusions of grandeur. I'll mention here that Prometheus was severely punished by Zeus for giving fire to mankind... I think the analogy is appropriate.

Ian
Old Dec 12th 2006, 12:51 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

...Sorry if I come across like a nutcase btw, but yes I probably am, because I am willing to lie, cheat, and steal in order to get into America!

Cheers,

Paul
Paul, you're a monumental wanker. I hope you're proud of yourself.
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

Prometheus123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Paul, you're a monumental wanker. I hope you're proud of yourself.
Surely this is against forum rules. Even if I am a monumental wanker (lol actually quite a good insult), surely it is best to simply ignore me? Forum rules state:

Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult or personal attack.
‘Getting to America is my number one ambition right now and it’s all I think about.’

If this is true, you have far bigger problems than just immigration.
I am sorry that you do not agree with me that getting to America is a worthy goal.

Actually, you come across like an asshole and an idiot. Only a complete idiot would openly confirm his intent to "lie, cheat, and steal in order to get into America" when it is well rumored that USCIS officials regularly monitor this newsgroup. Perhaps you were hoping to hide behind the anonymity of the Internet... well, I've got bad news for you!
Well, crap, I did not realise this. I probably am an idiot, but at least I am a well meaning idiot! Anyway, I am sorry that I come across as an asshole and an idiot. I really am sorry because I was hoping for some good advice off you guys.

Cheats and liars get very little help here”
I admire your honesty of the options you thought of.
Thank you. This was my intent – ie to be completely honest. A real liar and cheater would be the one who appeared on the surface to be good and virtuous but inside was corrupt. This is not me, I present myself to you as I am and if you guys hate me for it then I guess so be it; At least I am honest.

Don't have any clue why you are in such a hurry to get to this dump, it
ain't all that great?
If you are already in America, then I can’t tell you how jealous I am. And I gotta admit that it makes me a little pissed off that you don’t appreciate what you have. Why are you in America? If you really thought it was a dump why not move back to England? I am not trying to be antagonistic, I’m just curious as to your motivations.

I am in such a hurry, because I dislike England very much. It comes down to an emotional level fundamentally, in that when coming back from Florida as a kid, when you have just spent 3 years on the beach, riding your bike, playing super soaker, roller blading, suba diving, hunting, fishing, riding quad bikes, jet-sking etc, etc, and you arrive in England to a dreary rainy day, in which there is absolutely nothing to do, you seriously question the nature of the country in which you are in. I have been questioning England now for over 10 years, and I cannot justify spending one more year than necessary in a place in which “working to live” (Ie working to get drunk at the weekend) is held up as being the ideal, when in America, yes you work hard, but your leisure time is so much more fun and rewarding. I cannot waste any more of my life than is necessary.

Anyway, I guess I’m screwed if immigration do indeed monitor this forum and can track me from it. Again, I apologise for coming across badly. I’m still open to any advice that you guys can give me.

Thanks
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:20 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: 21 Year Old Student

... in America, yes you work hard, but your leisure time is so much more fun and rewarding...........
Priceless!!! You couldn't make it up...
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:44 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Get yourself over here legally, live the life and come back and tell us how much vacation time you get . Unless you manage to make a million (and even then frankly) you will be just like the overworked, undervactioned population you envy.
Remember too that your memories of good times are based on someone else providing those good times ie your parents.
I wish you well, you sound like a dreamer
Old Dec 12th 2006, 2:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Surely this is against forum rules. Even if I am a monumental wanker (lol actually quite a good insult), surely it is best to simply ignore me? Forum rules state:
Not a personal attack, just stating the obvious.

For the ways: http://britishexpats.com/articles/us...rk-in-the-usa/

I would personally suggest 4, especially if you have any experiance in landscaping. A degree in Spanish may be more useful than Economics, do you have time to switch?
Old Dec 12th 2006, 4:11 pm
L D Jones

Prometheus123 wrote:
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > I am obsessed with America. I am completely and utterly in love with it.

It seems like half the UK wants to move to the states, especially
Florida. Why is that? Anyway, try to find a legal way. If you visit and
then stay and get fake papers you'll be screwed in some fashion
eventually. It's not worth it, no matter how easy you might think it is

Old Dec 12th 2006, 4:45 pm
Db

"Prometheus123" <member58730@british_expats.com> wrote in

> If you are already in America, then I can’t tell you how jealous I am.
    > And I gotta admit that it makes me a little pissed off that you don’t
    > appreciate what you have. Why are you in America? If you really thought
    > it was a dump why not move back to England? I am not trying to be
    > antagonistic, I’m just curious as to your motivations.

Sure, come on over and help pay the massive debt that the Government can't
begin to pay.
There's plenty of $8/hr jobs, but no real paying jobs that we can afford to
purchase a common house for $400,000 or decent medical care. God help you if
you have any family to support, that's an extra $600/mth for family
coverage. If you ever get divorced, they garnish 40% of your wages and if
you fall behind in Child support payments they will deport you for failure
to pay child support. This has already happened to a mate of mine!

Sonny, if you ever get here, you'll be too busy working to pay the bills
that you don't have time to hit the beach and play around. Some of us have
responcibilities like paying massive mortgages and raising our kids, we
can't just move around as we please. IN this country, you need plenty of
money to just do the very simple things you enjoyed as a teenager.

The Yanks don't care about you, it's just another place to pay taxes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.